Quantcast

Anyone have a DS 650 X

Roostin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

i have a straight DS. i love it, (well whats left of it anyway) I've definately got my moneys worth out of it! it is unstoppable!! except for the stock battery, and i've broken 4 stock front shocks, and the rear is busted at this time.. But technically the frame should be broke and i should be dead as hard as it has landed! never bent an axle tho.. Motor is cold natured but once warm, cranks instantly, very easy to ride.. they're just not the rig for jumping 90 foot triples:wink:.lol It makes for good war stories tho!! Good Luck, let me know if you want to know anything.. I'm about to tear mine down for a ring and a valve job due to cracked intake boot:mad: Good luck and stay safe!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I realize how old these posts are, but I just have to reply. I really like my DS650, yes it's big and heavy and handles pretty good for it's size. It is a little twitchy at high speeds which I don't care for. I set the tow in from a 2000 shop manual, and I'm hearing the tow in had been changed in 2004. I have a 2004 DS, does anyone have a shop manual for a 2004, or know what the tow in should be so I can make the correct settings to the tow in. Then I'll see how it acts.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

• 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By Werewolf
      My wheeler originally had a fuel leak.But on trying to start it no spark. Took front end off, when I try to start it I get one spark then nothing. Come back a while latter one spark,replaced coil and cdi box no help?
    • By Frank Angerano
      So I decided to pick up a small trailer if I could get one for the right price.  I found this one for a few hundred bucks on Craig’s list.  It is  a galvanized trailer which is exactly what I was looking for. The wood was shot and needed some minor repairs which I could care less about as long as the chassis was good. 
      I striped it down and put a new deck on. I had some vinyl realtree graphics that I had laying around so I added them to the fenders which I think worked out well. Very happy with this little guy.  
      I'm having the iron workers at my jobmake me up a few lightweight side rails that will have a 22 degree bend in them to accommodate the tires that slightly hang over the edge and will incorporate some tie down points as well. 

• By Gwbarm
      I just heard Tommie Smothers died, I watched his show in the 60s, it was a great show one of the best. He will be missed, if not for Mom liked you best, then definately for YOYO MAN and his state of YO.