Roostin

Anyone have a DS 650 X

It's an odd-ball.

Heard it's too fast and crazyee.:dizzy:

I rather have a raptor for new and used part availability.:wink:

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I have a DS 650 X and the machine is awesome, very well built and a blast to ride!

i have a straight DS. i love it, (well whats left of it anyway) I've definately got my moneys worth out of it! it is unstoppable!! except for the stock battery, and i've broken 4 stock front shocks, and the rear is busted at this time.. But technically the frame should be broke and i should be dead as hard as it has landed! never bent an axle tho.. Motor is cold natured but once warm, cranks instantly, very easy to ride.. they're just not the rig for jumping 90 foot triples:wink:.lol It makes for good war stories tho!! Good Luck, let me know if you want to know anything.. I'm about to tear mine down for a ring and a valve job due to cracked intake boot:mad: Good luck and stay safe!

wow, i didnt see how old this post was!! Well what did you end up doing??

I wonder what he bought. DS650 All the way man or anything CAN-AM

I realize how old these posts are, but I just have to reply. I really like my DS650, yes it's big and heavy and handles pretty good for it's size. It is a little twitchy at high speeds which I don't care for. I set the tow in from a 2000 shop manual, and I'm hearing the tow in had been changed in 2004. I have a 2004 DS, does anyone have a shop manual for a 2004, or know what the tow in should be so I can make the correct settings to the tow in. Then I'll see how it acts.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

I have an '03 DSX 650 Baja, Great ride but I cant get it to start. New battery and plugs, turns over great and have good spark on both plugs. any suggestions?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By priglmeier
      I own a 2002 Can-Am Quest 650.
      It will start if you massage the throttle a bit and it will continue to run. BUT if you let go of the throttle and try to let it idle it will always die warm or cold.
      It has Non-Oxy premium gas, a new gapped NGK plug, a new carb (as of today) and fresh fluids. After installing the new carb it runs exactly the same.

I only have a few things that I have observed since the new carb:
      The choke still doesn't do anything. It has a good cable and it is hooked up. It on fully off. There is a cable in the top, front of the engine that splits into two connectors. The connected side is in the photo. The other side has the yellow banded section and is not connected. I do not see anything in range of this connector so I don't know if this is normal or not??? The original carb wasn't really dirty or clogged. I'll use it as a spare. I don't see this cable and connectors listed in the Can-Am shop manual. Looking for some help. I want to ride!

• By Admin

View File 2012 Arctic Cat 650 Service Manual
      2012 Arctic Cat 650 Service Manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 12/13/2016 Category Arctic Cat ATV  
    • By Admin
      2012 Arctic Cat 650 Service Manual
    • By chevyboy
      AL righty I did some trading around this weekend and ended up picking up a few 4 wheelers for cheap. I ended up with this one for $500 in it total and well the guy told me it dropped a valve. I haven't really messed with it at all. But this weekend I am going to try and start working on it some to get it running before winter time frame. So what I am asking is a couple of questions.
      1. First off where do I start I tried pulling the pull cord and could not get it to move at all.
      2. I need to get a service manual for this 4 wheeler where can I get it downloaded for free?
      3. what do I need to look for and how do I go about this really. I do have experience with 4 wheelers but this one is a little different to me than others because its a V2 and I have no clue where to start internal on the engines. Most of my experience is on the outside portion of troubleshooting on theses wheelers.
      Please no smart butt answers as i am new to here but just wanted opinions on where to start. Please and thanks wink:
    • By a65val
      Hi all...new member here...looks like an awesome site! I searched around, but couldn't find a service manual for an 02 Prairie 650. If someone has one we could download, we"d really appreciate it! We"re needing to replace the front cylinder and head, etc. for this new machine we just bought.
      All responses appreciated. Thanks much!