Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Prices of used ATVs gone up?

Every so often i check out used 400exs. All the ones in my area are more than 2000. Most going for 2500+. Is the 400ex becoming a collector item or are new atv prices that expensive that no one wants them. Early in the year the price for a 400ex (used) around here was 1200-2000. Why the big jump?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

And the new quad market is going down i think.Before i bought my 400ex i was gunna buy a 2010 yfz450r for 6999 in march 2011. My buddy went in there and asked about it(same one is still there) and he can have it for 5500. Are they just clearing for new inventory or just not selling new ones. Im not familiar with atv dealerships.

The dealer i go to had quite a few used atvs and those are gone including the can ams and yfzs. I did note that both dealers have a surplus of china quads that are still there

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

...not to mention 400ex's are bulletproof.....I just sold my 2000, well, you can't really call it a true 2000 model because its got parts from every year on it......but anyways, I sold it for $2500 with a ton of aftermarkets on it....it seems like someone's always looking for a 400...I only had it for sale a week!!!!!!!!!! They came with cash in hand to pick it up, pink frame and all : )

• 1 month later...

used quad prices have gone up some ... but i think it because of people wanting to get as much for them as they can ... they price them higher so that they have a little room to negotiate ... there for it seems they are higher prices go up slightly near christmas and will fall after ... then go back up around tax time .. then fall in early summer the go back up when it really nice then fall again in the fall ... i buy and sell atv's alot and know the yo yo of prices ...