Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tylrich

2003 Kodiac Need help on a oil leak

I have a 2003 kodiac. New to me, great bike. It seems I have developed a oil leak at the rear. Sems to be coming from the boot that comes out of the transmission.

Has anyone had to replace a seal back there or is there another area the leak may be coming from?

Thanks for any help.

Please edit your title to include year make and model stating oil leak.

Yes I know what it is now but if you put it in the title someone that has one might see the thread and decide to view it and try to help.

I can't help in this cause I don't have a clue about the Kodiak. I have a Warrior.

Sorry I couldn't help

Chasing oil leaks can be exhausting; gravity likes to pull it all sorts of non-leaking areas before it actually drips. Have you cleaned everything very well...like white glove test well? Doing so will help you identify the source much quicker and with fewer $$$ spent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      View File 2003-2004 Yamaha YZF450 Owners Service Manual
      2003-2004 Yamaha YZF450 Owners Service Manual 
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 06/02/2020 Category Yamaha ATV  
    • By Cj Winds
      I have a 2005 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Automatic. It has an oil leak inside clutch cover. The middle gear has two oil seals, the front seal is leaking engine oil into clutch area. How do you change the leaking seal?
    • By JacobSlabach
      First of all sorry I have been MIA here for a while, been busy with school and work.  I'll try and reply on some other threads asap, but posting this one because I just picked up a 2017 sportsman 570 before the new year and popped a boot on it going through a mud hole.  The former owner had aftermarket axles on it to accommodate the 4in lift and idk what brand they are but they're skinny as heck and idk what boot to buy to rebuild with?  It's the rear right lower boot (under the brake calp.).  I'll post some pics when I can and sorry again I've missed yall on the forum!
    • By Admin
      We would like to wish everyone a Fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Wrye Pipeworks
      Picked up a 2000 prairie 300 4x4. It is leaking out of the rear output seal where the driveshaft contacts to the engine. I'm havi g a really hard time finding out how to remove the driveshaft online, finding a service manual, and finding the seal on a parts diagram. Anyone know how to remove the driveshaft or know where a service manual is for it?
      Thanks
      By Guest
      Ok...I'm gettin' me juevos ready to do an oir filter clean....
      Went to my local harley/quad dealer and he had me purchase the No-Toil kit (Cleaner, Air Filter Oil, Rim Grease)
      What I've read is that the No-Toil cleaner will NOT clean
      other oils off air filters....just the No-Toil oil....
      So, I've also read that others have cleaned their air filters
      in the kitchen sink, used gasoline, or used flash solvent....
      Looking for advice as I've mentioned I'm very mechanically
      DECLINED!
      I'm going to wash the air box seal in the sink and give it a good dry....
      One more thing......No-Toil or Bel-Ray for filter oil?
      Thanks!
      -TD
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'
    • By bradleyheathhays
      I'm going into my '11 Grizz 700 to adjust valve clearance for the first time and when I button everything back up I'll be replacing all the gaskets / o-rings. The 5 I'll be replacing include (from the top down) both valve cover gaskets, cylinder head cover gasket, and the 2 gaskets in the crankcase cover.
      Do I need to coat these gaskets with motor oil before putting them on like when replacing your oil filter?