Quantcast

2003 Kodiac Need help on a oil leak

tylrich

I have a 2003 kodiac. New to me, great bike. It seems I have developed a oil leak at the rear. Sems to be coming from the boot that comes out of the transmission.

Has anyone had to replace a seal back there or is there another area the leak may be coming from?

Thanks for any help.

Please edit your title to include year make and model stating oil leak.

Yes I know what it is now but if you put it in the title someone that has one might see the thread and decide to view it and try to help.

I can't help in this cause I don't have a clue about the Kodiak. I have a Warrior.

Sorry I couldn't help

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By mga
      I just saw a video on TikTok where some guy took the rear end off an ATV and bolted on a roto tiller in place of rear wheels. I wish i saved that video to post here....good thing it was 4 wheel drive...lol but, it seemed to work.
      I'm not sure how he made it bolt on to the drive....
    • By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By p5200
      I'm having trouble identifying Mark. I know where the mark is in the Stator cover. Is the T at about, the 12 o'clock position in this photo? I've got to buy another Stator cover as the one I have has a hole at the bottom of it. Due to failing eyes, I have a lot of trouble anymore. Thanks! 🙂

• By drobbie98
      Hey all, Thanks for having me in the forum. I just purchased my first ATV and am stoked to understand more about it. 

The first stupid question will be, what is everyone's maintenance schedule? DO yo follow the recommended intervals or build one yourself based on the machine. 

Thanks in advance.