paintapig

2006 Polaris Sawtooth No Power

i got a 2006 sawtooth i went thought a big puddle and now it wont go in forward is has like no power i got for like 10 ft then i lose all power

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Check all the wiring, electrical, and any air intake to see if water has affected the areas.

I had to do some Checking.....Apparently,,,,This is a Polaris Thingy....

Yes,,,Check for Loose Ground also

Air Filter

Check your Oil....Make sure it doesnt look like a Milk shake

Then take it back to the Dealer and say WTF!!!!!!!

Thank You MWKE!

If it's a milkshake, follow MWKE and bring it to the dealer.....

I'd almost bet the farm that you got water in one or more electrical conections involving the ignition circuits.Most likely though it is a bad (or loose)spark plug boot since it still starts.If it's bad or loose,then this sympton would occur when wet because the water would get at the spark plug shorting it out.G'luck Trommy

REST EASY, THIS IS A 5 MINUTE FIX

I came across this forum, looking for the same answer as you. I know this is too late to help you, but it may help someone else searching the same problem.

On the 'drivers side' (use a car as reference) on the engine, there is a cover with a large round plate. On the bottom of the cover, There is a 12mm bolt head sticking out. Remove the bolt head, water and grease should flow out. Make sure you put something down, as this will stain concrete, with the bolt head out, drive around a bit . Put the drain plug back in and go at it!

To help keep this from happening again, If you look on either end of that cover, you see plastic vent pipes that run under the front wheel. I cut a piece of rag, and stuck over the opening of the pipe and secured it with a hair band...

I Absolutely Love this Bike!

Great information.

* Added year and issue to thread title.