Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Recently uploaded GoPro Footage! Trx 450 HRC KIT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Dtnx0XcM4]TRX 450 HRC Kit GoPRO HD July 7th - YouTube[/ame]

Funny thing is, I posted this video on another forum and stated how im riding in the "dunes" and immediately I had replys from well respected members saying that wasnt the dunes, and that was "pure dirt" that im riding on, and their not kidding!! lol I found it hard to believe I had to argue it, but I posted that the sand I'm riding on is from an ocean that once covered Alberta, (Middle Devonian period, 375 million years ago, when the Pacific Ocean covered Alberta ... ) And then explained that by textbook definition its called the dunes :yes: lol

I havnt got any responses yet, but I imagine they're scratching their heads on that one, I'm sure they believed the only thing classified as the dunes was dried up lakes and desert regions.. lol when the area I ride is because of a dried up ocean.

Im sure it blew their minds. :laugh:

Funny thing is, I posted this video on another forum and stated how im riding in the "dunes" and immediately I had replys from well respected members saying that wasnt the dunes, and that was "pure dirt" that im riding on, and their not kidding!! lol I found it hard to believe I had to argue it, but I posted that the sand I'm riding on is from an ocean that once covered Alberta, (Middle Devonian period, 375 million years ago, when the Pacific Ocean covered Alberta ... ) And then explained that by textbook definition its called the dunes :yes: lol

I havnt got any responses yet, but I imagine they're scratching their heads on that one, I'm sure they believed the only thing classified as the dunes was dried up lakes and desert regions.. lol when the area I ride is because of a dried up ocean.

Im sure it blew their minds. :laugh:

History lessons for some of them on the ORG :laugh:Dont let them get to you :no:alot of those guys are Dune Queens :laugh:Never see trails mud dust rocks !! Great Vid man enjoyed watchin it !!

History lessons for some of them on the ORG :laugh:Dont let them get to you :no:alot of those guys are Dune Queens :laugh:Never see trails mud dust rocks !! Great Vid man enjoyed watchin it !!

Hahahaha well said man :yes: , I felt bombarded with replys and I felt like they were treating me like a fool :skeptic:

Thanks for watching man! :biggrin:

cool video, don't let the other guys get to you. I wonder what they would say if I posted a video of the coal dunes where I ride.

yeah man, I'm tryna keep my cool, then I found out one member thats being really rude to me has been rude to another member in the past month thats trying to back me up, its a gong show.

And no kidding! I had one of the high-post-count members named cousehunter post this picture and this

Nellis-2.jpg

"your riding in very pure dirt.... like you said sand TRAILS...

technically these are dunes as well... located IN VEGAS...... no one in thei right mind actually calls these dunes... you dont run paddles... (you might on your trails but talk about a waste!)

Its desert with pure sand... not DUNES"

And I find his post hilarious because in the bottom right picture it sais DUNEGUIDE lmao, I mean what are these guys smoking!!

The nice member that backed me up said this:

"back to the topic.......if you're claiming that's pure dirt, you're wrong, pure dirt is where i'm at. central illinois silty clay loam black dirt baby, dropped off by the glacier and the most fertile ground you'll find! that stuff in the pictures is sand, not really hard to tell that. If it's hilly and sandy, i call it a dune. "

Im so glad he piped in! :cute:

yeah man, I'm tryna keep my cool, then I found out one member thats being really rude to me has been rude to another member in the past month thats trying to back me up, its a gong show.

And no kidding! I had one of the high-post-count members named cousehunter post this picture and this

Nellis-2.jpg

"your riding in very pure dirt.... like you said sand TRAILS...

technically these are dunes as well... located IN VEGAS...... no one in thei right mind actually calls these dunes... you dont run paddles... (you might on your trails but talk about a waste!)

Its desert with pure sand... not DUNES"

And I find his post hilarious because in the bottom right picture it sais DUNEGUIDE lmao, I mean what are these guys smoking!!

The nice member that backed me up said this:

"back to the topic.......if you're claiming that's pure dirt, you're wrong, pure dirt is where i'm at. central illinois silty clay loam black dirt baby, dropped off by the glacier and the most fertile ground you'll find! that stuff in the pictures is sand, not really hard to tell that. If it's hilly and sandy, i call it a dune. "

Im so glad he piped in! :cute:

:aargh:That is why Quadcrazy is the #1 site. No one on here claims to be an expert on anything. There are no huge egos, A whole damn lot of talent, no egos. We are all the same. We love riding ATV's and we love to Share our experience with others. The good the bad and the ugly and no one judges because we all know it happens to all of us.:laugh: So don't be afraid to share your pics, vids, or stories on here. Don't be afraid to ask for help or to try and help someone else. Quadcrazy is like one big happy ATV family. Party on:ola::party2:

Nice! Good to hear quadnut, hopefully ya wrist gets back to a %100 quickly! Is it true that depending on how you break a bone, it can heal back stronger? I think I heard someone say that one day

:aargh:That is why Quadcrazy is the #1 site. No one on here claims to be an expert on anything. There are no huge egos, A whole damn lot of talent, no egos. We are all the same. We love riding ATV's and we love to Share our experience with others. The good the bad and the ugly and no one judges because we all know it happens to all of us.:laugh: So don't be afraid to share your pics, vids, or stories on here. Don't be afraid to ask for help or to try and help someone else. Quadcrazy is like one big happy ATV family. Party on:ola::party2:

And well said! I have a lot of respect for this forum, I've been reading through the threads just in the picture/videos section and you guys got some really good people here! Thanks for the nice reply man, that made my day :)

Edited by TRX450