Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2000 Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 - Electrical Probs

wnforehand

i am having problems with my 250 bear tracker. I recently rebuilt the top end and it ran fine for a while. now it will start hard and run but will not run at full throttle. when it reaches mid to high rpms it shuts off and when it comes back down to lower rpms it starts again.

I put a new ricks cdi box on it but the new box would not send a spark to the plug. I put the old cdi back on and it started again. I exchanged the ricks box for a new one and got the same results, no spark. put the old one back on and it runs again.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Norm

i bought an aftermarket stator for my big bear, and i had to switch up a couple wires in the socket to get spark. am wondering if you might have to do this with yours? mine wasn't a big deal, like i said, i had to move two wires from the pick up coil in the same connector and just move one left and one right ...

there was a little piece of paper that told me this, almost threw the box away before checking all the contents ....

I've seen that too.....The signal wires may need to be swapped. Depends on wich side of the motor that the pickup is on. CW-or-CCW rotation for the CDI signal. If it's part of your stator you might need to get a harness kit that you plug inbetween the new CDI & the factory wiring. ( don't quote me on your Yamaha.), but alot of the aftermarket CDI's are "universal fit" Most of us guys don't read directions. :-) If it is a stator/pickup combo design you'll have to make sure the polarity of the signal wires is correct. Should be just 2 wire set-up. Swapping the 2 wires shouldn't hurt anything...it just wont fire.