KnightHawk

Bad Riding Buddy?

I swear I need a new riding buddy. He wants to ride but doesn't want to really ride.

"It's muddy out there, I don't want to get muddy" a few mud puddles here and there and he acts like it's gonna kill him.

"I don't wanna get wet" Well your gonna get wet if we ride at the river or in the creek

About a month back I rode through deep enough water that I filled my air box. Some people came along and helped me get it running again and showed us how to get to the other side of the river. My friend refused and went back to his truck then went home. I kept riding. Last week we was riding the same place I got through the way the other guys showed us but he didn't pay attention.

He submarined his cause he didn't pay attention. And he was done. He didn't want to ride anymore. Had to go back to the truck and go home. All he wants to really do is go up and down hills slowly. Maybe once in a while he'll open it up but most times I bet he doesn't go more then 5 or 10 miles an hour.

Beginning to think I need to find more riders locally cause he just can't handle what the ATV is made to do.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I swear I need a new riding buddy. He wants to ride but doesn't want to really ride.

"It's muddy out there, I don't want to get muddy" a few mud puddles here and there and he acts like it's gonna kill him.

"I don't wanna get wet" Well your gonna get wet if we ride at the river or in the creek

About a month back I rode through deep enough water that I filled my air box. Some people came along and helped me get it running again and showed us how to get to the other side of the river. My friend refused and went back to his truck then went home. I kept riding. Last week we was riding the same place I got through the way the other guys showed us but he didn't pay attention.

He submarined his cause he didn't pay attention. And he was done. He didn't want to ride anymore. Had to go back to the truck and go home. All he wants to really do is go up and down hills slowly. Maybe once in a while he'll open it up but most times I bet he doesn't go more then 5 or 10 miles an hour.

Beginning to think I need to find more riders locally cause he just can't handle what the ATV is made to do.

I wouldn`t even call him a riding buddy :no:

Well he's only one of my friend around here right now with an atv so he is the only person for me to ride with. Don't want to go alone cause of the classic reason. What if something happens.

I got a friend that is trying to get an atv but his money is real tight right now. Doesn't help that his ol lady just had a kid a few months ago.

Call him a pussy then gun it into the water or fling mud with your tires lol that'll get him.

Look for an ATV club to join. That is the easiest way to find other riders with your skill level.

Your skill level is just way beyond his. I think it is simple as that. If he wanted to ride then he would be watching and learing so he can improve his skill level.

I always like to ride with riders better than me so that the my skills get pushed and I become better. Sometimes learning that way hurts but that is how the sport is set up.

Look for an ATV club to join. That is the easiest way to find other riders with your skill level.

Your skill level is just way beyond his. I think it is simple as that. If he wanted to ride then he would be watching and learing so he can improve his skill level.

I always like to ride with riders better than me so that the my skills get pushed and I become better. Sometimes learning that way hurts but that is how the sport is set up.

Or....it could be as Austinhuntman said...maybe he's just a pussy....lol

How long has your friend rode, as well as owned a quad? Maybe he's afraid of breaking something.

Or it could be he's just not able to keep up with you. Good luck either way. That definitely wouldn't be fun to head out somewhere with someone only to have them pout and go home.

I ride by myself. That way I can do what I want, how I want and don't have to worry about other people. I do my best to prevent "things" from happening, but I try to make sure I am prepared for as much as I can be and handle that myself too.

Well he's been riding about as long as I have on a quad. We used to ride dirt bikes about 20 years ago. We've had our Warriors about a year now. I did have a 85 Suzuki lt185 for a little bit before I got my Warrior. I had flipped it a few times but kept riding. Haven't flipped the Warrior yet.

But yes I believe pussy is the right word for him.

Well he's been riding about as long as I have on a quad. We used to ride dirt bikes about 20 years ago. We've had our Warriors about a year now. I did have a 85 Suzuki lt185 for a little bit before I got my Warrior. I had flipped it a few times but kept riding. Haven't flipped the Warrior yet.

But yes I believe pussy is the right word for him.

He`s still your buddy of 20 years ! We have a huge group of riders and most of us are good riders ! If we get someone that wants to ride with us that is a new rider some of us will hold back to help them out if needed and make the ride enjoyable for them! So they will come out again and ride with us ! :yes: I can`t count how many times I`ve picked myself off the ground only to get back on and ride ! Hell I broke my wrist this summer and can`t wait to ride again !!JMO

Edited by quadnut20