Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

sidmabb

425i clutch/belt cover very hot on leg

I have a 2012 425i and it is very uncomfortable on my right leg. Any one ever see a heat shield for one of these? I could just make something but thought I would ask 1st.

I would also check the cvt intake and exhaust to make sure they are not blocked with water or debris. Also clean the belt dust while you are in there with brake cleaner.

Mine used to get hot to the touch. I happened after I did some clutch work and the belt was riding too high and brushing up against the top of the case where the bolts thread into.

A slipping belt will cause the same problem and may be due to water or belt dust.

Finally the quad might just be running hot and the cvt is just heating up from it. What temps are you riding in?

i have several belt driven quads also and some times it feels hot on my legs .. but its usually from the motor heat transfering through the cover ... my Vtwin atvs are really bad about it ...i thught about putting a micro fan in the vent tube to help move more air and keep it cooler ... durring hot summer riding ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WeekendATVdotcom
      We had a chance to review Dowcos Guardian Trailerable ATV Covers, an ATV cover designed to be hauled in your truck or trailer. Its a great solution if you are looking for a heavy duty cover. REVIEW: Dowco Guardian Trailerable ATV Covers - WeekendATV.com
    • By jessisue1982
      Ok my 2009 Kawasaki brute force 750 4x4i is back firing & cutting out when excellerated and the engine is getting hot enough that it burns my leg through jeans and it feels like the exhaust is melting the fender and I can sometimes smell burning plastic.
      I checked the fan and it is fine, also pulled the fuel pump out and tested and cleaned it and it stopped back firing and cutting out but still runs hot but not showing the temp sensor indicator light on the dfi at all... I checked the plugs and cleaned gapped ect they are fine... radiator is clean and not stopped up, oil level good, injectors working property and clean..... I just don't know what else to do to it.... HELP!
    • By gignac02
      Last year i have changed the timing chain on my 1997 TRX350. I did use silicone between head and cover. now it is leaking. I am looking for a better product than silicone to put between cover and head. What should i use?
    • By yamaha225
      90' suzuki 250 quad 4x4 will act like choke is on after 4 minutes of run time. Cleaned and inspected carb. Just acts like it doesn't have power after a couple of minutes running , It seems when the heat builds up throttle response just keeps getting woorse unit it won't keep running
      espeacially at idle.
      Any imput appreaciated.
      Thanks
      Yamaha 225
    • By polaris400
      I own a 1998 Honda 300ex The last two times I rode, probably for about an hour,I shut it off for ten or fifteen minutes and when I went to ride again it backfires and then stalls out. Also the motor seems incredibly hot.Then if I let it sit for a long time it starts and runs fine.Can anyone tell me what might be causing this and what will fix it? Thanks a lot!