cbbubby78

1995 Kawasaki Bayou 220 - No Spark Issues

Ok here is what happened. I notice a four wheeler at sitting in the weeds at my moms house.she said it had been there about a year and that she got tired of messing with it and told me to take it. i cleaned up the carb real good (it was pretty nasty) and put it back on, cleaned out the gas tank , put some gas in it. i was surprised but it started and ran fairly well. i rode it a few times, never for very long and then my little girl lost the key to it. since i couldn't find it i decided to just use a toggle switch and bypass ignition. when i got it hooked up for some reason i pushed the kill switch on the handlebar to off. when i did that i heard a pop which turned out to be the fuse. slid that switch back over, replaced the fuse, and tried to start it but no luck. It had been running good enough that it would start first pull with the rope. now it is not getting any fire to the plug. Does anybody know where i need to start troubleshooting the issue or why it blew the fuse. Any help will be appreciated.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

i would try to get a new key and cylinder and replace the toggle. sounds like something is shorting out however you got it rigged up. or you could get a voltage tester and see where the dead spot is and try and go from there. usually no damage happens if the fuse blows ...

if you have the plug out of the cylinder but still connected to the coil and boot, do you get spark there?

i have since found the lost key and tried putting original ignition switch back on but still no spark. i switched out spark plug with another 4 wheeler i have that i know is good and still no spark.