Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

handyhiker

Question about 400 vs 500 Ranger

The wife and I are looking at getting a Ranger next spring. Most of the duties for the Ranger will be, plow the drive, haul some fire wood, use the dump bed for garden waste hauling, haul some mulch and dirt as needed around the yard.

I have been looking at the specs for both and here are my thoughts, please give me your opinions.

-I like the fact the 500 is fuel injected. I like the fact that the 500 has ith insterments.

-The 400 is cheaper, don't really need the extra horse power.

I really don't plan on any trail riding, if I do it will be limited. Just want a good, dependable machine. as of now, I am leaning tward the 500 if nothing else than the F.I.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Wali
      I was riding my 400ex one day and when i shut it off to put it in the garage i tried to start it put again to drive it into the garge and it wouldnt start.I put a compression tester on it and its like 30 psi with out throttle and 0 psi WITH THROTTLE.
      when i put my finger over the hole it fell likes its pulling my finger in more then its pushing it out 

Has good spark.When i took it into the shop the said it had 1oz of oil in it and a tiny pit of metal shaving(TINY BIT LIKE 30 flakes)
      When i try to pull start (push start/roll start) it made a not normal sound  and wouldnt stay running.
      If my bottom end is blow why would it still turn over fine,
      Are my valves siezed or not working properly 
      or is my timing off causeing valves to not open in correct order with fire 
      PLEASE HELP all help is appreciated 
    • By Hunter Aldridge
      Some times I get spark some times not can ride then it just dies and wont get spark it has new cdi box and stator but I don't know if it has the pickup coil I'm at a loss
    • By William Sims
      I have a 400 4by4 ,2005 green model,
      wounding how many different CDI boxes will work on it

• By jerry houston
      Eiger 400 Suzuki runs fine Cook-Out joke face off the handlebars put it back on and will not start now will crank no no spark
    • By colin james
      View File 2012-2014 Polaris Sportsman 400 HD Service Manual
      This the factory service manual for the 2012- 2014 sportsman 400 hd service manual 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 02/08/2019 Category Polaris ATV