Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

sjh_1982

2005 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4*4 issues

I've got the rear end popping when its under a load, I know that can't be good, but its also blowing oil out of blow by hose? Why I don't know, it hasn't been over filled with oil, also has gas in breather box. Does anyone have any ideas? Atv only has 400 hours on it.

Check your air filter for the blow-by. as far as the popping noise in the rear, it could be the ring and pinion or a something else like a mount or control arm, bushing, etc. It's hard to diagnose wiithout being there...did you get a second opinion from anyone?

The hose that blowing oil is coming off the top of motor, it does not run to breather box, I don't even see anywhere for it to conect to breather box, local repair shop, said gears in rear end were going out and would need whole new rear end. They said its all one piece in rear end have to replace everything, i think that is crap, lol.

i would check all the vent lines from the motor. if the motor can't breathe, it will send oil thru the weakest link or breatheable tube. how's the compression and is the carb dirty or sticky float?