Quantcast

1997 YAMAHA Kodiak 4x4

witness7

Hey... I might break your record of ripping it apart when its all said and done :biggrin:

here is an update... I am getting closer, it just barely leaks now out of the drain line.. so closer i reckon... It was not idleing at all.. till I messed with the needle.. now it takes off like its full throttle what would cause that to happen? Maybe the thottle cable needs to be adjusted?...

I was reading in the diagram for these atvs... I am thinking its called the pilot jet as far as i can tell by the diagram looks more like it anyways then the other things in the diagram, I am not familiar with the names of these parts though.... but anyways if it is the pilot jet it has a small spring on it and a small washer and a small 0-ring rubber... and it screws into the bottom beside the bowl it is not in the bowl though just beside it.. takes a straight small screw driver to turn it... Anyways from what i was reading in the parts manual.. it says to be sure you count how far it was turned out before you remove it.... well I did not know that till now...lol..... I am not a atv mechanic ... do you have any ideal about this.. as far as how far it turns out when tight?

I was reading in the diagram for these atvs... I am thinking its called the pilot jet as far as i can tell by the diagram looks more like it anyways then the other things in the diagram, I am not familiar with the names of these parts though.... but anyways if it is the pilot jet it has a small spring on it and a small washer and a small 0-ring rubber... and it screws into the bottom beside the bowl it is not in the bowl though just beside it.. takes a straight small screw driver to turn it... Anyways from what i was reading in the parts manual.. it says to be sure you count how far it was turned out before you remove it.... well I did not know that till now...lol..... I am not a atv mechanic ... do you have any ideal about this.. as far as how far it turns out when tight?

Pilot jet controls your idle to 1/4 throttle sound like your talkin about A/F screw ( air fuel mixture ) Turn it all the way in and back out 2 1/2 turns or so and see if that makes any difference !

Wow your smart.. if I had your brain I would be a contender..lol.... i was coming back here to say opps i found a video that called it the air mixture screw..... thank you so much for all your help, I am just lost when it comes to these atvs.... good to know there is people like you that is patient with us brain rusted folks :aargh: