jeffreyscott

2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 - Axle Removal

whats the trick to getting the rear cv axle out of the transmission or pumpkin shell in the back the cv axle snapped now im trying to get it out thanks for your time jeff:skeptic:

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

whats the trick to getting the rear cv axle out of the transmission or pumpkin shell in the back the cv axle snapped now im trying to get it out thanks for your time jeff:skeptic:

what are U workin on ? :huh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By neo33ny
      Long story short, I have an lt160 with a quad racer swingarm. It needs new front pivot bearings. Whoever swapped the swingarm used pipe and stacks of washers to space it but it still seemed to have quite a bit of play. My question is how would I go about spacing it more "legit"?. It's just going to be a beater for around the farm but I don't want it totally cob jobbed. From the looks of it, it's just a matter of aligning it, measuring and finding something to shim the gaps. Correct me if I'm wrong or if there's a better or proper way to go about this. Also not sure what I would use for spacers. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • By jimbo1944
      Greetings,
      I have a 1998 Yamaha big bear 350, new to this. When its cold it is very difficult to shift. Once its warm its ok, however, my old feet don't like the shifting. I saw on ebay a hand shifter conversion kit. Any advice, I live in the Low Country of SC no hills, I use the machine around the farm for corning and scouting.
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • By spitfire
      Found and 1986 lt160f that has had the head removed. Firstly, the engine has sat outside in the elements for a long period of time. The timing chain is rusty but their appears to little or water in the oil. Do you think that it is worth salvaging and if so, what would you do to motor to remove the rust. Thanks
    • By jeffreyscott
      i just went over to the motor sports store and got a remote for my winch it used to i just got the four wheeler a little while ago im trying to touble shoot it and was just wondering if anybody had that issue before thanks jeff
    • By jeffreyscott
      i got a 2003 polaris sportsman 500 ho when i start it up it idles ok but when i go it squeals and shuts off like something is locking up thanks jeff