Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

SENECA650

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 - Oil Leak

i have a couple of the kawasaki V-Twins and they have some oil seapage from the valve covers and the valve adjustment covers ... the oil runs down the heads and lays ware the head gasket is and looks like its leaking at the head gaskets ... i just cleaned 1 of mine with a power washer and engine de-greaser and then started it up afterwards and didnt see any leaks ... let it run for about an hour (riding around the yard and idleing ) and then found the leak at 1 of the valve adjustment covers .. replaced the O-ring there and no more leak... i have owned several of the V-twin kows and that is ware they usually always leak.. try what i did and see if that i ware its coming from .. most likely will be ..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Zachary Coombs
      Hello, I’m new to this forum, I have a 2007 trail boss 330 that’s been overheating after about 5 minutes of riding. No problems before it overheats from a cold start but then it backfires and loses power. The fan comes on but the temp light doesn’t. I’ve had someone clean the carburetor, I’ve replaced the spark plug and air filter and put in a new battery. I also tried cleaning the radiator with a hose, Any help is appreciated, Thanks
      By Guest
      It seems like a gas problem but I've changec, fuel injector, gas cap. I have lots of fuel pressure but after four wheeler has run for 20-30 min I have no power and sometimes stalls and won't start. Any ideas?
    • By Brian Simmons
      A buddy of mine . had a friend redo his top end . It was running great  . then it like locked up  but then it started again !!! then it seemed like it locked up again ??? Could he have done something wrong  ??? Could it be bad ??? Please let me know what you think it could be ??? Please help !!! i want to know how much it will cost to fix or if he should part it out ???
      PLEASE HELP !!!
    • By Austin Rowedder
      Hi I have a 2007 Polaris outlaw 525 irs and am trying to replace the needle bearings in the rear a arms. I was wondering how you go about getting the rubber seal and bearing out!?
    • By StolenATV
      ATV was stolen out of our 2016 Voltage 3305 Toy Hauler that was at Cutting Edge Collision for repairs. The rear locks were broken on the rear of the toy hauler and the ATV was Stolen. Cutting Edge Collision is in a gated and secured area
      The post 2007 Suzuki LTZ 400 Stolen in Tucson Arizona appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Wrye Pipeworks
      Picked up a 2000 prairie 300 4x4. It is leaking out of the rear output seal where the driveshaft contacts to the engine. I'm havi g a really hard time finding out how to remove the driveshaft online, finding a service manual, and finding the seal on a parts diagram. Anyone know how to remove the driveshaft or know where a service manual is for it?
      Thanks
      By Guest
      Ok...I'm gettin' me juevos ready to do an oir filter clean....
      Went to my local harley/quad dealer and he had me purchase the No-Toil kit (Cleaner, Air Filter Oil, Rim Grease)
      What I've read is that the No-Toil cleaner will NOT clean
      other oils off air filters....just the No-Toil oil....
      So, I've also read that others have cleaned their air filters
      in the kitchen sink, used gasoline, or used flash solvent....
      Looking for advice as I've mentioned I'm very mechanically
      DECLINED!
      I'm going to wash the air box seal in the sink and give it a good dry....
      One more thing......No-Toil or Bel-Ray for filter oil?
      Thanks!
      -TD
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'
    • By bradleyheathhays
      I'm going into my '11 Grizz 700 to adjust valve clearance for the first time and when I button everything back up I'll be replacing all the gaskets / o-rings. The 5 I'll be replacing include (from the top down) both valve cover gaskets, cylinder head cover gasket, and the 2 gaskets in the crankcase cover.
      Do I need to coat these gaskets with motor oil before putting them on like when replacing your oil filter?