Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2005 Kawasaki Brute Force runs HOT!

Ok so I bought the 05 brute force and after putting about 60miles on it I have some concerns.

The engine seems to run REALLY HOT, like almost burnning my legs through my jeans hot but no warning light comes on and it doesnt seem to "act" hot is this normal, does it have any saftey feature to prevent over heating or heat damage?

It also seems to have a slight miss, or hesitation? When you slightly crack the throttle open and hold it at a steady RPM to give it a slightly higher idle it will run smooth for a couple seconds then miss and sometimes backfires. It also seems to sometimes have a hesitation if you jump on the throttle, what could cause this?

Also a couple times when shifting from reverse to high it sounded like it got hung up in between and there was a slight squeal as if maybe the belt was slipping and there was also a slight burning plastic of rubber smell. The belt IS new and it doesnt feel as if it is slipping when accelerating and the belt light hasnt come on.

Anyone have any suggestions?

It does seem to run really well and HARD accept for the slight hesitation or cough and the occasional backfire, I ran it up to 69MPH with both me and a buddy of mine on it, combined weight of almost 500lbs

Edited by jmeier1981

Ok so I bought the 05 brute force and after putting about 60miles on it I have some concerns.

The engine seems to run REALLY HOT, like almost burnning my legs through my jeans hot but no warning light comes on and it doesnt seem to "act" hot is this normal, does it have any saftey feature to prevent over heating or heat damage?

It also seems to have a slight miss, or hesitation? When you slightly crack the throttle open and hold it at a steady RPM to give it a slightly higher idle it will run smooth for a couple seconds then miss and sometimes backfires. It also seems to sometimes have a hesitation if you jump on the throttle, what could cause this?

Also a couple times when shifting from reverse to high it sounded like it got hung up in between and there was a slight squeal as if maybe the belt was slipping and there was also a slight burning plastic of rubber smell. The belt IS new and it doesnt feel as if it is slipping when accelerating and the belt light hasnt come on.

Anyone have any suggestions?

It does seem to run really well and HARD accept for the slight hesitation or cough and the occasional backfire, I ran it up to 69MPH with both me and a buddy of mine on it, combined weight of almost 500lbs

Sounds like it is running lean, You will want to get it jetted properly ASAP.(it is carbed, right?) That would answer the questions about the hesitation in the throttle and that could also be what is causing the heat.

And why do all of my post get renamed

Threads and posts are renamed by our moderators to be more search relevent and as descriptive as possible. For instance I just added the full year and manufacturer name. We do this in the branded forums to help get people to the threads they are looking for.

Since your quad is stock, I would shy away from any jet kits. Have you inspected your spark plug(s)? Try replacing that first.

And why do all of my post get renamed

I just noticed that in the branded forums, the announcement was not highlighted.

It states:

Announcement: Please include ATV year, make, model, cc, and technical issue (if you have one)...in your title when posting.

This is why our moderators may adjust a thread title to that format, if found not to be as descriptive as possible. Is this what you meant?