bobski

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 - Carb Problems

2007 650 H1 with dynojet jet kit. I changed pilot jet to a 42. Now when I let off the throttle it does not return to idle. It takes a noticable amount of time.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Thanks for your intrest. I did the muffler mod I read in some of the forums. I have 2" snorkels dynatek cdi dynojet jet kit with 42 pilot and 145 main. I put the 42 pilot in when I did the muff mod. Some jetting articles I read said the pilot jet is too small. Have'nt time to mess with it so I was hoping someone had similar problem

Did u do the slide mod? Make sure the quad is warmed up also so u know your choke is open. That might help. Also make sure your air filter is clean. If you jet now u will have to rejet in the spring.

yeap slide mod. and it does it after its warmed up. It is anoying when riding, you let off and t keeps going.When I get time I will check for leaks and go through carb again. I will read over " jetting 101"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By davefrombc
      Excellent  video on how the  CV  carbs  used on some Suzuki and other quads work
    • By Jacob Blocker
      When i got my 300ex the carb was kinda wreaked, it had some sand in it that i got out, but the choke lever is melted off and the throttle sticks, what would be a good replacement, so far I have replaced the cdi with a non rev limted one and i am currently re building the engine with OEM parts/ Also i would rather not spend over $100 on the carb, but im fine with it being used if it works fine.
    • By BeardedBackWoods
      So we have a 2000 BearTracker 250cc. We got hit by a tornado and it got flooded out. Water was well over the handle bars and it actually moved almost 40 yards by the water. Anyway, I've pulled the carb and drained the tank. New fuel and a "clean" carb. It fires right up first crank like it used to but bogs down after you try and give it any gas. Think it could still be a carb issue? Carb had a fresh rebuild in April and might have 10-12 hours on it since. After we got it out, It was never started until I took the carb off and cleaned it along with draining the tank. Carb has now been off twice with no differences. Any other ideas?
      also the water seems to never end in the exhaust. I've gotten out as much as I could but it's still steaming quite a bit like there's more in there. Could this be the problem? I've never had an ATV get flooded out like this one before. Any help or other ideas would be great. Thanks yal. 
    • By Scoopeddad
      After I rebuilt the card it seems to have a faster idle than before. I have tried to adjust the idle screw but will only speed idle up, not slow it down. What should I look for in adjustments. I purchased a card rebuild kit.