raptor1660

2001 Yamaha Raptor 660 - Need Help!!!

Hello I have a 01 raptor 660. was having problems withb it running like shit...so I through a new plug in it and noticedd there was a oil on it now it won't even fire up even push starting it...is it a cracked head, does it need rings, valeve guides..what is it I need some help before I start ordering parts thank you

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Is a cracked head common with 01 raptor 660"s

Only if they over heat I`d go with OXY`s suggestion or pull the valve cover first and see if one of the gaskets if bad !!

Got it!!!, Didnt have enough compression made a leakdown tester and found out my intake valves were super tight...It has a hell of alot more compression now, But it doesnt want to crank like there isnt enough juice to do it, new starter? or better battery i have just a good old ace hard ware battery in it

atv batteries are swaying toward the gel filled.

i'd get something/anything that has alot more cranking amps than the OEM ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By dglover1226
      I have a 01 raptor and recently had to bore it out to a 686 because it sucked in a bunch of sand. Now I have no torque or power in the first third of the throttle. I am hoping that someone else knows what is going on with it
    • By MuddyHound
      Hi! I own a 2013 Yamaha Raptor 125. Got it last week and im planning to upgrade some parts. Hope you guys can help and give me some tips. thanks!
    • By brandon07
      Hey guys an girls I need a little help. I bought a new carb for the wife's 350 and it runs good.
      It just doesn't seam to have the same power it did before I changed the carb.
      I bought a GYTR jet kit pt#gyt5yt980000 it's just main an air jets. The bike is stock and I dont know which jets to start with. The kit has 2 air jets an 10 main jets. Does anybody know where
      To start. The kit did not come with a needle jet. I bought it off ebay and it was unopened
      When I got it. Any help would be appreciated ALOT.