Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Wingnut

Basket case owner.

I just acquired a 1985 honda trx250. She is in need of some love, badly. Which I will be showin the old girl. I will post pics tomorrow [it's dark here now]. Strangely it does not look like the pics of trx250's that I have viewed with google images. Mine seems as if it has been stretched out but the frame is solid and has not been chopped and welded. And it still has the sticker on the front with the model and date. I also have been trying to locate the vin number but don't know where to look. Any help would be appreciated I will also make a thread in the honda forum. Hi and tia.

I just acquired a 1985 honda trx250. She is in need of some love, badly. Which I will be showin the old girl. I will post pics tomorrow [it's dark here now]. Strangely it does not look like the pics of trx250's that I have viewed with google images. Mine seems as if it has been stretched out but the frame is solid and has not been chopped and welded. And it still has the sticker on the front with the model and date. I also have been trying to locate the vin number but don't know where to look. Any help would be appreciated I will also make a thread in the honda forum. Hi and tia.

On the 2006 model the VIN is located on on the front bumper.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VikingTrad3r
      just bought a 91 big bear 4x4. if i go too fast it locks up and the rear wheels will not turn.
      if i put it in reverse and back up a bit it "resets it" and i can keep going.
      does this sound like a tranny issue? diff issue? or transfer case issue?
      i will tear it down but if you guys have an inkling of what could cause this issue it would give me a place to start
      regards, VikingTrad3r.
    • By Bigal700
      Ok my case broke where the starter gear goes so i was wondering if someone has ever welded a case before to fix this a different case is just crazy so im looking at welding it and making it stronger i talked to a few guys and they said there a common problem in these wheelers
    • By sirphobos15
      Hey I have just recently purchased a 1985 Yamaha moto 4 200 and found that the air filter case is not only busted open but also missing the filter and element. I have searched for these parts online and have yet to find any out there for sale. I was wondering if there is a way to make my own air filter case with filter or some way to go about fixing this problem. Any help would be much appreciated thank you . Can post pictures if need to
    • By AndoverHorseMom
      Hoping for some help for a newbie's wife. Bought a used 06 Kodiak 450 with 550 miles and just over 100 hours on it. Had been used primarily for plowing snow. The unit ran well, started with no issues in zero weather, and ran very smoothly when it was tested (two different occasions). Not convinced it was cared for like my husband would, we brought it to our local auto guy whose young son can fix or service anything recreational (specialty is quads and snowmobiles). We had him change all the fluids, spark plug, new tires, and give it a general look-see to make sure all was good. There were no noted leaks, but the son said the rear differential was basically dry...two drops came out when it was drained. No evidence of any leak, but he said it had to have gone somewhere. The shop did the work, but said to watch it carefully in case a leak developed. Well, we've put only about 6 miles on it just puttering around the house and suddenly it started revving fast, and it was difficult to get into park or neutral. The hubby parked it, but cooling fan continued to run for several minutes, then shut off. The first time this happened, we called our guy and he asked how much gas was in it. Well, it was in the red zone. He said to fill it because the lack of fuel could have caused the engine to starve and suck from areas in the carb (hope I'm remembering the verbiage). Basically, the quad was empty. Our bad. Hubby filled it up last night, started it up and rode it around the yard again and we thought that was the problem. Then the same issue happened. I'm having a severe stomach ache thinking that we have purchased a really expensive problem. Before we take it back to our shop (who we have used and trusted for dozens of years), is there any obvious thing we can try? We do not have a service manual--only an owner's manual. Or is the dry differential issue that the son discovered possibly a heinous culprit? Hubby wants this for this fall's hunting season, so we have time to fix the issue...I'm just curious if it is something stupidly simple. I apologize in advance for not really knowing much, and the hubby has no idea I'm posting this! HELP PLEASE!
    • By schmidtdm
      Hi all,
      Has anyone seen a 2011 Artic Cat 700 TRV owner manual?? Not the diesel but the gas version?