Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2002 Suzuki King Quad 300 - Idling Issue Resolved

bobs66440

Hi guys,

I dont post here much but I figured I would pass on some info in the hopes it will help someone.

I was having a problem with my KQ while plowing snow the other day. It would stall frequently while idling. Especially when stopping to switch to reverse or a forward gear. But it would run fine at anything above idle. My buddy came over to help me with it.

We determined that it was starving for fuel or dirt was stuck in the carb somewhere. After confirming that there were no clogged screens, filters or vacuum leaks anywhere, we disassembled the carb and blew out all the passages with carb cleaner and compressed air even though everything looked spotless.

Then we checked the pilot screw setting. Someone had already been in there as the plug was removed. We checked the setting and it was 2-1/2 turns out from the seat. We set it at an even 3 turns and put it all back together.

It now runs flawlessly with no stalling! I believe it was just a bit lean on the low end.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.:cheers2c:

BTW, this is my first season with this (or any) quad and I am AMAZED at its plowing ability for such a small machine!