Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bobs66440

2002 Suzuki King Quad 300 - Idling Issue Resolved

Hi guys,

I dont post here much but I figured I would pass on some info in the hopes it will help someone.

I was having a problem with my KQ while plowing snow the other day. It would stall frequently while idling. Especially when stopping to switch to reverse or a forward gear. But it would run fine at anything above idle. My buddy came over to help me with it.

We determined that it was starving for fuel or dirt was stuck in the carb somewhere. After confirming that there were no clogged screens, filters or vacuum leaks anywhere, we disassembled the carb and blew out all the passages with carb cleaner and compressed air even though everything looked spotless.

Then we checked the pilot screw setting. Someone had already been in there as the plug was removed. We checked the setting and it was 2-1/2 turns out from the seat. We set it at an even 3 turns and put it all back together.

It now runs flawlessly with no stalling! I believe it was just a bit lean on the low end.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.:cheers2c:

BTW, this is my first season with this (or any) quad and I am AMAZED at its plowing ability for such a small machine!

glad you got it working back to normal and thanks for posting your remedies.

it is so much fun plowing snow with a 4 wheeler, good excuse to get out and play !!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By priglmeier
      I own a 2002 Can-Am Quest 650.
      It will start if you massage the throttle a bit and it will continue to run. BUT if you let go of the throttle and try to let it idle it will always die warm or cold.
      It has Non-Oxy premium gas, a new gapped NGK plug, a new carb (as of today) and fresh fluids. After installing the new carb it runs exactly the same.

I only have a few things that I have observed since the new carb:
      The choke still doesn't do anything. It has a good cable and it is hooked up. It on fully off. There is a cable in the top, front of the engine that splits into two connectors. The connected side is in the photo. The other side has the yellow banded section and is not connected. I do not see anything in range of this connector so I don't know if this is normal or not??? The original carb wasn't really dirty or clogged. I'll use it as a spare. I don't see this cable and connectors listed in the Can-Am shop manual. Looking for some help. I want to ride!

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      I live in Minnesota and bought a 2016 CFORCE 500 HO. I am in hope to see if there is anyone in the US that is experiencing this sudden drop off in RPM below 4000 RPM. I have uploaded some videos of my issue on YouTube. I will list three of the four I posted. The fourth can be found on my channel but it is a comparison between my Polaris 570 and my CFORCE 500.
      I quit on my first dealer because we just did not mix well together. I brought it to another CFMOTO dealer that just became a CFMOTO dealer in January 2016. They are in a large ranch and agriculture area in a neighboring state that is pretty close to where I live. They have close to every brand available. They are a much larger dealer than the first one I bought the unit from.
      I brought the unit three weeks ago to them and they have worked on it a good solid week and have given up on it. I have read reports from owners in Canada that the dealers there were aware of the issue and have had success in fixing the herky jerky drivability issue.
      I am picking it up tomorrow and bringing it back home. It has been to the trails of the Black Hills this year and was new in late April. 300 miles on it. It has never changed. Very hard to ride on the trails or when I herd livestock.
      Here are the links to my videos.

I can't accept that this is normal operation. Does anyone from CFMOTO China scan these posts?
      I need help that CFMOTO USA has not provided.
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By skgw1
      Feul pump went out. Replaced. At times quad cuts out like its not getting gas. Saw article on new pump needs to be calibrated. Told how to go into a service mode. Does not tell how to calibrate after going into mode. Can anyone shed light on this procedure.