Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jaysun

2008 Kawasaki KFX450R - Air Temp Sensor Help

I'm brand new to riding. Also brand new to fixing and/or maintaining a vehicle. I picked up a 2008 KFX a couple months ago and just realized that a wire was hanging. After downloading the owner's manual, I think I may have narrowed it down to the "Inlet Air Temperature Sensor". It fits in a slot underneath the seat, in the air filter housing. I'm not sure how long it's been unplugged and, honestly, I have no idea what it does.

How important is this piece? I'm going to the track this weekend. I'm not even sure how to reattach it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Videos here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvoRJexYDYc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRLYFFfu-Mw[/ame]

Edited by Ajmboy

I believe people remove them when they modify the intake or so that the temp sensor senses the air on the outside because they feel it runs better.

* I edited your youtube urls so that they show within the post.

I went ahead and just taped it on with electrical tape for now. That should do for the time being, I hope. Once I learn more aboutt it, maybe ill pull it back out

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sonders
      It appears that the Service Manual thread at top of forum is dead as all the links no longer work.  I'm actually looking for service manual for a 2000 KVF300 Prairie that I just picked up.  Does anybody have link to one that they can share, or know where I can find one?  Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By gpenberthy
      My ranger crew 700 is hard to shift and gets locked into forward. When trying to shift into reverse we have to shut engine off. Shift then restart. Checked linkage and gears are fine. The RPMs arent really that high but did notice a little improvement when we lowered it. Did notice the throttle cable looks damaged. Could this be the issue? 

• By colin james
      2012-2014 Sportsman 400/500 factory service manual
      View File This is the factory service manual for multiple models of the years 2012-2014  sortsman 400/500 including hd edition's.
      Submitter colin james Submitted 08/13/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By Wicked
      View File 2015-2017 Polaris Ranger XP Crew 570 900 1000 Service Manual
      full service manual for 2015-2017 Polaris Ranger XP Crew 570 900 1000
      Submitter Wicked Submitted 08/12/2019 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By colin james
      View File 2017-2019 sportsman 450/570 with eps factory service manual
      This  is the factory service manual for the 2017-2019 factory service manual for the sportsman 450/570 with electronic power steering 

Submitter colin james Submitted 09/06/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Xyla Cat
      View File 2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      Submitter Xyla Cat Submitted 08/25/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Xyla Cat
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
    • By 2 fast 4 u
      So i recently bought a Honda TRX 450r 05 kick start model i am the 3rd owner. this bike ripped when it was running but i ceased it.I freed up the piston but there is little compression now. i think i ran it out of oil but it was like 20hrs or so since the last oil change. My real question is that i heard you have to rebuild the top end every 15 hours is this true? Now i have bought a new big bore kit to replace the cylinder and the piston but i dont really want to have to rebuild it every 15hrs.
    • By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      Has anyone found engine oil in their air filter box. The must be little or no baffle between crankcase ventilation and that hose that attaches to the air filter box.
      I went to pick up my ATV today 60 miles away that they could not fix the jerky low speeds on and before I loaded it decided to check on this. Sure enough there was a good coating of oil with some pooling in the bottom of the air filter box. The air filter has oil on it too but is it a dry element or oiled element type. My guess from the color of it dry.
      I heard on a comment on my YT videos that there is a kit for this issue? Is this a CFMOTO fix?
      Thanks
      Kevin