Quantcast

Rigid Nite Right ... WOO HOO !!

I finally got my Rigid Lights mounted. I mounted the Dually’s on top of the front bumper and the SR-M’s on the handlebars using PIAA 360 Universal mounts. Those mounts allow a guy to mount the lights onto any unlevel bar 7/8 inch to 1.25 inches in diameter, and then you can level the light mounting surface. And they work great too. :woot:

So yesterday late afternoon, I loaded the bike and headed up to my track rid’in area. Had plans to ride up to where those big snow drifts are (they are in some of my videos), but it was snow’in, blow’in like a bast …. Ah …. The wind was howl’in & it was real foggy too … so I headed back down to Ant Flats Road to do my night ride test. :drivingc:

WOW !! These freak’in lights are FREAK’IN AWESOME !! :partyc:

I’ve NEVER enjoyed night rid’in before, but I can see (no pun intended) that I’ll be do’in more of that now. :seeyac:

Had a great time out on Ant Flats Road, saw a couple Snowshoe Rabbits and ran into the guy groom’in the trail for the sledders. :cheer:

Funny how much colder it gets when the sun goes down …. :shock:

Here’s a short video of my evening ride … Enjoy !! And make sure ya change the video Quality to 1080 … SAVVY !!! :cheers2c:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7zSaNKyJs]12 Feb 2013 - Night Ride with New Rigid Lights - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Gunny

Gunny, Do you have any videos on that ute of yours. (Truck) same thing! I would have gone the other way around with the lights Floods on the bars spots on the bumper, cause when you turn you need to see whats immediately in front/ beside / around you, on a tight turn any way! I have floods on the bars but they aren't flash LEDs though. They do a good job of lighting up a camp site or fishing too. I will change over to LED one day, so I don't have to worry about a flat bat, All though Its never happened (and in saying that now it will )

Gunny, Do you have any videos on that ute of yours. (Truck) same thing! I would have gone the other way around with the lights Floods on the bars spots on the bumper, cause when you turn you need to see whats immediately in front/ beside / around you, on a tight turn any way! I have floods on the bars but they aren't flash LEDs though. They do a good job of lighting up a camp site or fishing too. I will change over to LED one day, so I don't have to worry about a flat bat, All though Its never happened (and in saying that now it will )

No vids of the truck ... but I have lots of photo's PM me your e-mail address & let me know what ya wanta see & I can send ya some photo's with some details.

Well, I got the floods first thru a contest. I WANTED Spots, but they only offered the lights in the Flood pattern for the contest ... therefore, I went with Spots for the bars.

And so far, I'm pleased. And trust me, the video doesn't do the lights justice ... or the Spots ... much better than it looks in the video's ... and I can still spread out the pattern (lights) if I want.

Edited by Gunny

Sweet Vid (as usual) Gunny !! :yes: nite riding make me nervous I have a hard time seeing at nite !!

THANKS Quadnut Guy !! :bow:

And Yup, that's how I WAS when night rid'in .... but now, I'm look'in forward to do'in a little more of it !! :ola:

THANKS for watch'in too Big Guy !! :seeyac:

those lights are killer !!

thanks for the demo ... the snow looked whiter than if the sun was shinning down on it. are they L.E.D. ?

Yup, they is LED's !! :cool: Only draw 3.66 amps for all four to ... in case you or anyone is wondering.

I think that's less than the factory headlites !!

And THANKS for watch'in OX Guy !! :notworthy: