Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gunny

Rigid Nite Right ... WOO HOO !!

I finally got my Rigid Lights mounted. I mounted the Dually’s on top of the front bumper and the SR-M’s on the handlebars using PIAA 360 Universal mounts. Those mounts allow a guy to mount the lights onto any unlevel bar 7/8 inch to 1.25 inches in diameter, and then you can level the light mounting surface. And they work great too. :woot:

So yesterday late afternoon, I loaded the bike and headed up to my track rid’in area. Had plans to ride up to where those big snow drifts are (they are in some of my videos), but it was snow’in, blow’in like a bast …. Ah …. The wind was howl’in & it was real foggy too … so I headed back down to Ant Flats Road to do my night ride test. :drivingc:

WOW !! These freak’in lights are FREAK’IN AWESOME !! :partyc:

I’ve NEVER enjoyed night rid’in before, but I can see (no pun intended) that I’ll be do’in more of that now. :seeyac:

Had a great time out on Ant Flats Road, saw a couple Snowshoe Rabbits and ran into the guy groom’in the trail for the sledders. :cheer:

Funny how much colder it gets when the sun goes down …. :shock:

Here’s a short video of my evening ride … Enjoy !! And make sure ya change the video Quality to 1080 … SAVVY !!! :cheers2c:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj7zSaNKyJs]12 Feb 2013 - Night Ride with New Rigid Lights - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Gunny

They really light things up. Looks like a nice setup. The handlebar mounts rock. Nice video once again.

They really light things up. Looks like a nice setup. The handlebar mounts rock. Nice video once again.

Yes they do !! THANKS ... and THANKS again ... And THANKS for watch'in too Wylde Guy !! :cheers2c:

Edited by Gunny

Gunny, Do you have any videos on that ute of yours. (Truck) same thing! I would have gone the other way around with the lights Floods on the bars spots on the bumper, cause when you turn you need to see whats immediately in front/ beside / around you, on a tight turn any way! I have floods on the bars but they aren't flash LEDs though. They do a good job of lighting up a camp site or fishing too. I will change over to LED one day, so I don't have to worry about a flat bat, All though Its never happened (and in saying that now it will )

Gunny, Do you have any videos on that ute of yours. (Truck) same thing! I would have gone the other way around with the lights Floods on the bars spots on the bumper, cause when you turn you need to see whats immediately in front/ beside / around you, on a tight turn any way! I have floods on the bars but they aren't flash LEDs though. They do a good job of lighting up a camp site or fishing too. I will change over to LED one day, so I don't have to worry about a flat bat, All though Its never happened (and in saying that now it will )

No vids of the truck ... but I have lots of photo's PM me your e-mail address & let me know what ya wanta see & I can send ya some photo's with some details.

Well, I got the floods first thru a contest. I WANTED Spots, but they only offered the lights in the Flood pattern for the contest ... therefore, I went with Spots for the bars.

And so far, I'm pleased. And trust me, the video doesn't do the lights justice ... or the Spots ... much better than it looks in the video's ... and I can still spread out the pattern (lights) if I want.

Edited by Gunny

Sweet Vid (as usual) Gunny !! :yes: nite riding make me nervous I have a hard time seeing at nite !!

THANKS Quadnut Guy !! :bow:

And Yup, that's how I WAS when night rid'in .... but now, I'm look'in forward to do'in a little more of it !! :ola:

THANKS for watch'in too Big Guy !! :seeyac:

those lights are killer !!

thanks for the demo ... the snow looked whiter than if the sun was shinning down on it. are they L.E.D. ?

Yup, they is LED's !! :cool: Only draw 3.66 amps for all four to ... in case you or anyone is wondering.

I think that's less than the factory headlites !!

And THANKS for watch'in OX Guy !! :notworthy:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Gunny
      Been out do'in some spring track'in ... and the snow is AWESOME !! Best it's been in several years.
      Here's a couple video's from the past weeks rides, hope you enjoy'em !!
      [ame]
      [/ame][ame]
      [/ame]...
    • By Gunny
      Took a ride to see how much snow we had up where I like to go track'in, but because of a drift about half way to where I wanted to go, I had to turn around & ride some lower elevations. Had a GREAT DAY as always !! :partyc:
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPHDwzv8IFM]26 Nov 2013 Look'in For Snow - YouTube[/ame]
    • By Gunny
      Which means I was out rid'in again !! :partyc:
      First however, I got some new tires last week ... some Pit Bull Growlers in 27.5X11R & 9RX12's. Man they're big ... loved them out on this ride I did yesterday.
      I'm running 2.5 psi in them (when I left the house that is) & they rode so smooth, soaked all the rocks & bumps. For my type of rid'in I think these are gonna be awesome !! :cheer:
      ANYWAY ... Did the Jacob City Loop - Soldier Creek area ride with a couple friends yesterday .... one guy rides a Kawi Brute Force 750 and the other guy rides a Can-Am 800 XXC.
      The Jacob City area is about 70 or 80 miles South of my home and in the "Five Mile Pass" recreation area. It was a perfect day for rid'in, sunny, cool, no bugs, only saw a couple other people, the fall colors were amazing, but it was dusty. We need some moisture to keep the dust down ... but ya know what they say, "Careful what ya wish for !" ...
      We did a little over 44 miles according to my GPS. We also rode from about 5200 ft to a little over 9300 ft .... and then back down. Because a gate was closed, we had to ride thru the town of Ophir. It's an old mining town with a ton of history ... and people still live there ....
      When we got up into the mountains, you could see a lot of old mines, some of which are still active. Man, them old boys must've wanted the silver & gold pretty bad to work that rock with picks & shovels .... and Dyno-mite ...
      Here's a short vid of the days ride ... Hope You Enjoy it ... and remember, change the video quality to 1080p !!
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZWFoBkTOYo]05 Oct 012 - Jacob City-Soldier Creek Ride - YouTube[/ame]