Quantcast

Last Track Ride of the Season

Went rid’in yesterday (12 Mar 2013), had the best snow conditions this year :hurrayc: ... however, because our weather has turned off warm, I figured this will be the last track ride of the season. :aargh:

Now, as you’ll see in the video, there’s lots of snow on top at 8500 to 9500 ft. However, its 15 miles from the staging area to the trail were we ride, play & sometimes, practice digg’in ourselves out of bad situations. :coolgleamAc:

But it’s the lower elevations where we begin our rides that are melting so fast. :toetap05c:

The staging area where we unload the bikes is at 7200 ft and yesterday when my buddy and I returned to the truck it was 55 deg F. On the return trip to the truck, the last couple of miles or so of the groomed trail was slushy & wet & there were some spots that were almost bare of snow.

There are two other ways to get to the high country, but one trail is already muddy & the one we took yesterday will be bad in a day or two.

I must not have been the only one thinking this way because I’ve never seen so many sledders in the middle of the week enjoy’in the snow.

We saw lots of deer, a few moose & we came upon this skunk way up on top that was busy trying to get at something. He didn’t pay us no mind what so ever … however, I wasn’t get too close … I’ve been sprayed before & let me tell you … that smell will ruin the inside of nice truck !! … not to mention make you lose your lunch !! :vommit:

Oh yeah, did I mention we had a FREAK’IN BLAST !! :cheer:

Here’s a 7 minute video of the 6 hour, 50 mile ride we did. I’m trying out some new video editing software. This video was produced using Corel VideoStudio X6 and it seems to have some nice features. Hope you enjoy it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej48CtEg53U]12 Mar 2013 - Last Track Ride of the 2012-2013 Season - YouTube[/ame]

THANKS Guys ... glad you still enjoy the vids I put together !!

I put my Pit Bull Growlers back on today & I will say, I'm look'in forward to do'in some round rubber rid'in !! :partyc:

Only thing is, this time of the year here ... the mud is a clay mixture that is like real sticky cement !! :aargh: ........ but I HAVE TO RIDE .... so I just deal with it !! :toetap05c:

Can't wait to get some maintenance things done so I can get out & feel the wind in me face again !! :woot:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Lafytafy
      should i run a thicker oil in a older quad because it make a little more noise than usual 
    • By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By cosmacart
      Hi all, iam from ohio and i have a 2013 yamaha rhino SE black . I might sell it but i dont know what its worth. So can anyone give me an idea what to ask for it?? This is not a scam,,its only a question thanks in advance!!
    • By vlxerdon
      Hello from southeast Georgia. Was gifted a 2000 Yamaha bear tracker with out a carb or battery and looking like it had seen better days. Was told it had sat for about three years. Explained a lot. Put a carb on and a battery in and it started right up. Surprised the heck out of me  Anyhow as stated in my opening I am  78 years old with a very long motorcycle backgground but brand new to atv's. Anyone else out here from Georgia? Would like to meet up with some folks for a ride or two. Looks like a great site. Thanks for having me. 
      Don
    • By davefrombc
      COVID, record heat wave,  fires,  floods, deep freeze and more fires. Good riddance 2021.  Have a Safe and very  HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.  May 2022  make up  for the trials  of the last 2