Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Tylor_Burnette99

400ex shaved fenders ideas??

I bought my 400ex and kind of like the idea of shaved fenders. Just kinda looking to see what you guys did. and preferably how you did it. Thanks!

My quad is a 1999 400ex. So something around that body style would be nice.

I dont recommend the shaved look but I think switching to newer plastics and looks better shaved than the 99-04

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Glad you still have the 400ex. Its a dying breed in a land of 450s :-)

Kinda funny a 400ex is what I learned on. and liked it. so I just bought one less then a week ago. I like it. and for the price you pay for a 450. a little motor work to the 400ex will keep up with the 450's with no issues. and something I though about buying was a rev limiter programmer. So I don't have to shift so early. Ive heard you can get a lot more power out of your machine just by buying a 1000+ rpm programmer. Ill have to look a little more into it.

Easy power adders are a Curtis sparks advance kit, a 250xr dirtbike ignition module (thanks oxy!) uni filter, slipon exhaust choke delete and parking brake delete. These are cheap easy add ons and will wake up the ex without taking apart the motor

Kinda funny a 400ex is what I learned on. and liked it. so I just bought one less then a week ago. I like it. and for the price you pay for a 450. a little motor work to the 400ex will keep up with the 450's with no issues. and something I though about buying was a rev limiter programmer. So I don't have to shift so early. Ive heard you can get a lot more power out of your machine just by buying a 1000+ rpm programmer. Ill have to look a little more into it.

Congrats on the purchase of ur 400 !! I`ve owned 4 of then !! great all around quad ! The shaved fender looks cool:yes: but i prefere not to:no: Its mud season here in Colorado and it helps the block some the splash back !! :laugh: