Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

oldskoolhookers

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 Reverse Acceleration Poor

Altough I new to the forum I not new to riding. I have been riding for a few years at different parks around the Houston area and enjoy every minute I get to ride. Just recently I have encountered a problem with my quad. After riding the trails I had helped someone back to their vehicle by pulling them. Their front ball joint had snapped so I put my quad in reverse to pull him so I could watch and make sure nothing happened. Ever since then when I go in reverse under heavy acceleration my quad boggs down. I can use the over ride button with no problem when pushed. I have already replaced the belt and cleaned the clutch plates really well. I am at a lose. Any suggestions?

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4X4

Thanks

Does it sound like its mechanically (linear) bogging down or electronically (sorta like on then off) when in reverse. Im not familiar with a KQ but maybe someone else knows more

Just as a check...when going forward slowdown to a stop. Do not use the brakes at all. Then shift into reverse and try to accelerate. Sometimes mud gets stuck in the brakes and pushes the pads outward in one direction

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Edited by marioweldinginc

No mud stuck in brakes. Once I use the over ride button it hauls butt in reverse. It almost sounds like to me like a slight popopopopop. Maybe its starving for fuel? I ordered a fuel pump thinking maybe this will fix it. (Not installed yet, waiting on shippment) I took it out yesterday for a short test run after I reset the computer and still has same issue. What I have noticed also is in 4wd high and the front locker switch on it does same thing but 4wd low has power.

Are you sure you didn't just notice that this is happening in reverse? My 2005 always bogged down if too fast in reverse which is what the override button was for. It's designed to limit the drive train in reverse to my understanding.

* Added year, make, and model to thread title.

I was gunna suggest that it was designed that way as a failsafe but I was wondering why it happened after the big pull. unless it wasnt working and then it decided to work

Is there anyway to pull codes from this machine???

I was gunna suggest that it was designed that way as a failsafe but I was wondering why it happened after the big pull. unless it wasnt working and then it decided to work

Is there anyway to pull codes from this machine???

I wondered also after the pull if something was damaged, but I then remembered going in reverse out of mud and it would sputter like crazy unless I hit the override button. That was on my 2005 King Quad.

Have you found a solution to your problem on the Suzuki? i am having the same issue and i dont know what to do about it. could you please direct me in the right direction?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.