Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ron755

1994 Yahama Timberwolf Electrical Problem

I have a 94 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4. I have no fire to the ignition switch, no nutral light, head lights, or tail light I can jump across the selinoid and start it. I put on a new solinoid. The neutral light comes on,while running, but dims when you give it throttle.

Would this be a relay, not letting fire go to the key switch? If so, could someone post diagram from a manual, on how to test the relays?

Thanks for any help

Ron

Edited by ron755
forgot to add somthing

Mudflap

how many fuses are in a Timberwolf?

I only see 1 in my Timberwolf 2x4.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ddiggerr
      Hi
      Just picked up a BB for $650 as the PO just threw in the white towel. There is no spark with either the electric start or pull start. The stator is new, new battery, new key switch, new plug.
      I have gone over every wire and cleaned everything and checked all I could with multimeter.
      I'm stumped myself why I wouldn't get any spark with theh pull start.
      Could this be the pickup coil?
      wires coming out of stator are red and white, green and brown, and 3 yellow wires
      I get continuity from red and white but nothing from green and brown or the yellows
      Its a hair puller and hoping its just the pickup coil and not the cdi
      thanks
    • By joninak
      Well, it overheated then started blowing white smoke!!
      I have it torn down & the cylinder appears to be warped. Going to have the head checked out next but in the meanwhile... Does anyone have the torque sequence/specs for the head bolts??
      TIA

• By ezduzit
      I have a problem here, she starts and only runs for about a minute on her own fuel. her idle is high then boggs down. Then she seems to have
      a light backfire then dies. Any ideas what to look for are appreciated. Ive already gone through the carbs.
    • By Freezeman
      Well I came on here hoping to read a manual about the quad but found that I have to make some posts before that can happen, so here is one. 
      I work on peoples stuff. Had this well used unit come to me with a no start issue. I found it had fuel  and spark was good but it only had 30 pounds of compression. I put each cylinder to TDC and feed the plug hole with a small amount of air pressure and could hear the escaping air coming out the carb openings. I then checked the valves lash at TDC and found that booth cylinders had 0 lash for the intake valves. I reset the lash to .003 for all the intake valves and reapplied a small amount of air pressure and the leaking of air was gone. I then spent a few hours screwing all the parts I had to take off, back together and then drove it out of the shop.
      The lash was only 1/4- 1/2 a turn too tight that caused the valve to stay open just enough to make it not start. IMO the heads could use an overhaul some time soon as the valves and seats have become a bit warn.
      These ATV's just have too much crap stuffed into a small space, I wounder how many fasteners are used to hold 1 ATV together?
      Later, 
    • By Matt3
      Recently, I changed the timing chain. I lined up all timing marks and set valve lash at TDC.  The mark on flywheel was on point as well when I looked through sight hole. I started the engine and starter turned it over then it hit and stuck. I did it one more time and the same thing happened. I took everything off and saw no damage. I tried to turn it over by hand and same thing. It turns halfway or so and hits. I loosened valve lash and took crank gear off and it does the same thing. It will turn over clockwise fully but not CCW. It seems like the crank sub assembly weight is hitting the gear balancer weight. I can turn crankshaft CCW while turning the gear balancer CW and get it to go but feel it hitting something. I also can spin crankshaft CCW without crank gear on and force the engine to break past the stick. It’s not the piston.
      Please give me some suggestions thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Reece K.
      I just recently bought a 1994 Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4 from a buddy who had the wheeler sitting in his garage for 7 years. I got it home and fired it up pushed it out of the garage and tried to shift it and it wouldn't shift. First it would click like it was shifting, but the wheeler wouldn't move and when I hit the gas it revved up like I was in nuetral. After trying some more it became stuck in 1st gear and wouldnt shift at all. But it later broke loose agian and acts like it is in neutral again. I took the motor off the machine to make it easier to work on.After asking friends they were convinced it was a clutch problem but after opening up the casing for the clutch I don't see anything out of the ordinary and am concerned that it may be a transmission problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    • By kingjosk12
      A week ago I could not even get close to starting it. But now I adjusted the valves (exhaust valve was not closed). i got it running but would not run without choke. i adjusted the float because it was to low tried starting it up again and it would not even start. So i went back and looked at the valves and the valve was now open again so i adjusted it and it started right up and ran perfect without choke. So i put it all back together thinking it was ready to go. Started it up and let it run for a little bit. i turned it off and tried starting it again there was NOTHING. took it apart and there was 0 compression and the exhaust valve was open again. I am completely lost need help PLEASE!!!:aargh:
    • By patricknperkins
      Ok, so got this thing, assembled, and even added acid/assembled the battery with a solid trickle charge and the battery is fine.
      As far as I can tell, I have checked all the fuses I can find, but I have ZERO power to anything. Even the console will not light up when turned to ON.
      Is there some sort of hidden parental/child disconnect or safety switch that I'm not aware of? ANY help would be appreciated.
    • By ut1w7b
      I have a 94 sportsman 400. It sat for several years before i got it. I have cleaned the carb it will start and run for about 5 min then it will flood. I have torn it down and cant see anything wrong. has anyone else ran into this problem any hel would be great.
    • By insanemustang
      Looking forward to posting some questions on here, doing some reading on here, and enjoying the company of others.
      So I bought a 1994 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 from a buddy of mine for $1,000. He has had the ATV for about 2 year. No rear problems when talking about the motor. It has failed to start some, and unfortunately it does not have a pull string. Not sure if that is something I can add on later or not. But we traced the issues to the starter and replaced it. Now it starts easily and has a new battery and starter that he bought .
      Issues I am going to be working on, and asking questions about:

Hours display is broken and doesn't show anything at all
      Would like to possibly add a speedometer at some point
      Rear brake doesn't work until the pedal is all the way down to the floor, and then it engages, doesn't really brake. I'm thinking this is a simple adjustment
      ATV pops and clicks when turning. Was thinking CV axles, but not sure and want to be 100% sure before I order replacement parts
      Need to learn the braking system better. It has two hand brakes and then the pedal brake. What's the difference and how do they all work together. Assume one is a hybrid brake that engages both front and rear at the same time, but not sure
      Need to clean/paint the hubs
      The shifting is tough and some times requires more pressure than I'm comfortable with. Not sure if it's lubrication, or an issue with the linkage. Need to learn that too.
      Having a hard time finding a manual online, need to buy one probably

I have around $500 to invest into the ATV. I am hoping this will take it back to really nice riding condition.
      Any thoughts on the above issues/concerns? I plan on using the search functions as well.
      Looking forward to hearing from you all.
      - Brandon