Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

google7

2006 Kawasaki Brute 750 - Spark Issue

ok so I got this 06 Brute force 750 in the shop came in no start put a new battery in turn key on and 30A fuse pops replace it try again another 30A fuse gone check wiring harness found 4 prong plug brown and black/yellow wires rubbed through and shorting out fixed that issue replace fuse and try again..... 30A fuse pops again play around for a while and found the CDI has shorted out on the 4 prong plug in cdi side . there was a dynatek cdi box in gave customer choice stock cdi for 300 ish or dynatek for 150 ish brought in new dynatek plug in and starts nice iddles for 5 to 10 seconds and dies ... crank it for a bit nothing ... turn key off then turn on and start .. starts up idles for same amount of time then stalls check out and no spark

why would it start and stall after 5 seconds and have no spark

I'm confused

please help

05 and 06 have problem with wiring harness. you can replace the harness( what i have done) or you can fix the wires Buss connector. make sure you have fact ignition switch.

Sound like you are having more fun than me, I'm currently having no spark and my ride will not start. I've narrowed it down to the crankshaft sensor. This is not your problem because yours will run for a few seconds. Good luck and keep us posted.

ok so I got this 06 Brute force 750 in the shop came in no start put a new battery in turn key on and 30A fuse pops replace it try again another 30A fuse gone check wiring harness found 4 prong plug brown and black/yellow wires rubbed through and shorting out fixed that issue replace fuse and try again..... 30A fuse pops again play around for a while and found the CDI has shorted out on the 4 prong plug in cdi side . there was a dynatek cdi box in gave customer choice stock cdi for 300 ish or dynatek for 150 ish brought in new dynatek plug in and starts nice iddles for 5 to 10 seconds and dies ... crank it for a bit nothing ... turn key off then turn on and start .. starts up idles for same amount of time then stalls check out and no spark

why would it start and stall after 5 seconds and have no spark

I'm confused

please help

Ignition switch itself could be faulty, ign switch is a good place for power and ground to meet (blown fuse) wich is killing the power to the cdi, or the cdi is detecting <> 5volts dc and shutting down. Ck your roll over sensor as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Kodiak 400 4x4 wiring problem

Hello All,
      I am looking for any help or suggestion that I might be able to get on how to wire a '04 Kodiak 400 4x4 motor into a Coleman Outfitters / Hisun 400 4x4 Utv. This machine had the Kodiak motor installed and was running until someone stripped the wiring to install new harness. They destroyed the old harness so it of little use now. We have a new harness for the Utv and part of the wiring to the Kodiak CDI and Voltage regulator/rectifier is in place. For now I am just trying to find a good diagram of the wiring needed to Power up the motor. Any help with this part of our issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to help my son this machine running since he bought into this nightmare.
      Thank you,

By res2fr, in General ATV Discussion

• 2 replies
    • Check this out

So I finally finished a bike I’ve been working on for my daughter.  Ive been practicing the vinyl thing for a while and making the camo vinyl prints as well as applying them.   This was a bike I dug out of a garage, original owner.   Compleyey broke it down and did my thing to it. So I put a girls touch on it and my 12 yo will be sporting this.   Dont be afraid to say what you think. 

By Frank Angerano, in General ATV Discussion

• 10 replies
    • 2005 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 won't start

Hi guys, trying to get a quad running again. It was running fine but the electric start did not work. My uncle was using it and the pull start snapped. So I replaced the pull start and electric starter motor. Now it just cranks and cranks but will not start. I have spark, I have fuel to the carb, I know this is a 2 stroke with a separate oil tank, what else should i check?

By TheJester517, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 5 replies
    • 1999 Suzuki King Quad lt-F300F Hard to start

Hello Just signed up, as I've had a recurring problem, and need some help. To start the bike I have to put the choke on all the way and 4 squeezes on the gas, Then as I push the start, I slow squeeze the throttle about half way for it to catch....If I miss it, then it will take 5 mins of slowly finding the sweetspot on the choke in unison with some throttle squeezes. Then I have to to hold the throttle to keep the bike going, using the choke will stall it out. after about 3 mins of holding the throttle, I then can let it go, and it idles fine, and runs fine. If it sits for a few hours it's only slightly hard to start, but a few days of sitting, and it's a lot more work. Had the bike serviced they couldn't figure it out. They swapped peticock, plug, new gas, all new lines, new throttle, and cable. Said the carb was fine, and clean. New air filter, said fuel pump was fine, no leaks around carb boots, new battery, new rectifier. Ran some sea foam through it....Runs Great.....Just such a pain to start... Thanks

By RichUncleSkeleton, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • 2007 Honda TRX 420 ES Rear Axle Repair/Replace

This bike has a straight axle that is moving horizontally in the housing in both directions about 2 inches. Has anyone had the same issue if so what did it take to repair it? Thanks.. Darryl

By Darryl Traina, in Honda ATV Forum

• 5 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      I live in Minnesota and bought a 2016 CFORCE 500 HO. I am in hope to see if there is anyone in the US that is experiencing this sudden drop off in RPM below 4000 RPM. I have uploaded some videos of my issue on YouTube. I will list three of the four I posted. The fourth can be found on my channel but it is a comparison between my Polaris 570 and my CFORCE 500.
      I quit on my first dealer because we just did not mix well together. I brought it to another CFMOTO dealer that just became a CFMOTO dealer in January 2016. They are in a large ranch and agriculture area in a neighboring state that is pretty close to where I live. They have close to every brand available. They are a much larger dealer than the first one I bought the unit from.
      I brought the unit three weeks ago to them and they have worked on it a good solid week and have given up on it. I have read reports from owners in Canada that the dealers there were aware of the issue and have had success in fixing the herky jerky drivability issue.
      I am picking it up tomorrow and bringing it back home. It has been to the trails of the Black Hills this year and was new in late April. 300 miles on it. It has never changed. Very hard to ride on the trails or when I herd livestock.
      Here are the links to my videos.

I can't accept that this is normal operation. Does anyone from CFMOTO China scan these posts?
      I need help that CFMOTO USA has not provided.
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By Barrysquad
      Somehow I lost all of my spark on my 350Big Bear, its a 1990. It ran well for maybe 3 days! Thought it was the carb. Cleaned it 4 times. It was losing power at midrange. Got worse and worse. Finally nothing!
      Are these good coils? I was thinking I could swap?
      2002 Honda-200cc: primary 0.4(ohm-200) secondary 9.0(ohm20k)
      1990 Yamaha-350cc: primary 0.8 secondary 11.0
    • By oleskool
      have an 05 750, and she bangs out when you give it gas.
      Idles fine. Also the belt light is flashing, even after a new belt was put on.
      Any ideas?
    • By kiwisteve
      Hi Folks
      MY Ltf 400 has power and electric start turns motor over, but wont start...
      seems no spark
      im told stalled in paddock and wont start again
      any suggestions please