Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1993 Yamaha Big Bear - Reverse Light Stays On

bigbear93

i just purchased a very used 93 big bear 350, rebuilt the carb, changed all the fluids and got it running, everything seems to be working fine, but the reverse light stays on constantly, and the neutral light refuses to come on, all the bulbs work, i checked them with a 9v battery and some jumper wires.

i have the service manual and am trying to make sense of the wiring schematic, but im not an electrician. i have tested voltage at all the wires for the lights and im getting 11.7 - 12.3v at both the brown and the blue. i don`t know if there is something im missing or if a previous owner rewired something wrong. seems to me though that one of those wires should be a ground and i should just get continuity, not voltage

i am working my way through the harness, disconnecting, cleaning, greasing, and reconnecting everything and so far everything looks good, just dirty.

i just purchased a very used 93 big bear 350, after a few nights of rebuilding the carb, adjusting the brakes and changing fluids it seems to run just fine after the last two owners let it sit for who knows how long.

im working my way through the wiring now, and have a few issues:

the reverse indicator light stays on constantly, and the neutral will not come one at all.

neutral bulb works, i tested it with a 9v. i put a multimeter on it and i seem to be getting between 11.7 and 12.3 volts on both the brown and the sky blue wires with key on and engine off, and yes, the gearbox is in neutral and the switch inside seems to work.

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows what might be my problem. im am going to continue to big through manuals and schematics and see what comes up