Gunny

Another Fall Day in the Mountains

Alrighty ... went for another ride yesterday (didn't take any video) & I have some more fall color photo's !! .... HOWEVER .... not all these photo's have to do with fall colors ... but I think you'll enjoy'em anyway !!

The day started off sunny & cool ... like 31 degs F ... and NO DUST OR BUGS !!

02_zps6d9a7cab.jpg

04_zps3048ebd1.jpg

09_zps322e3415.jpg

12_zps97797638.jpg

01_zps64628229.jpg

We had snow squalls all around us ....

28_zpsc0e6a6f8.jpg

35_zps5f07b81d.jpg

33_zps1664201d.jpg

31_zps0297ed1f.jpg

36_zps1e542c82.jpg

Later, we stopped for lunch ... we were sitt'in in the sun & just as finished our vittles ... it came in ....

18_zpsd1763b2a.jpg

22_zps8ede9f40.jpg

21_zps06e588c0.jpg

So we packed up our chow & loaded our chairs & continued on the ride ....

39_zpsd7a77b85.jpg

37_zps22600df6.jpg

62_zps53e35fa1.jpg

We went down this one fairly steep, rocky, muddy canyon ... and it was a real challenge gett'in back up it ... and these couple photo's do not do it justice !! ... and one of the photo's isn't the best ...

56_zps3582a0f7.jpg

59_zps90db0e40.jpg

We did have some company while we were riding .... man, we saw a ton of deer ... no bucks thou ... the deer hunt starts Saturday too .... and then when we got back to the truck ..... and just about half a mile down the road when we started driving home ... the Big Boy came out to say "HI !!" ...

27_zps33e3f666.jpg

19_zps232dbbf7.jpg

47_zps4e923ad3.jpg

53_zps433398bc.jpg

52_zps52427cb8.jpg

55_zpsdede5ec0.jpg

Man ... WHAT A GREAT DAY !! ... Hope you enjoyed the colors & the rest of the photo's ....

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Why THANK YOU Ox Guy !! Glad you enjoyed the photo's !!

Sweet Gunny !! That moose didn`t look happy !!LOL

THANKS Quad Nutty Guy !! ... yeah, that Moose probably wasn't happy I interrupted his dinner !! .......

THANKS Quad Nutty Guy !! ... yeah, that Moose probably wasn't happy I interrupted his dinner !! .......

They can get nasty !!

They can get nasty !!

Yes they can ... and he sure as heck isn't afraid of some puny 200lb human !! :laugh:

Those pics are fantastic. I always enjoy your posts.

You are too kind Wylde One !! ... And THANK YOU for the kind words !! :notworthy:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By caltman929
      hi new to the forum,i recently just bought a 99 wolverine 350,the quad is in excellent shape for its age with the original tires still with good tread,the previous owner experienced the same issue i am now,he put a new coil on it about a year ago,i rode the quad all day thursday with no problems,shut it on and off multiple times but i went to start it today and it wont fire,it turns over but doesnt have spark,anybody experience a problem like this?
    • By cdscycleandatv
      Hey All, Just purchased a 2000 Suzuki Quad Master 500 4x4, and like all the quads I have owned, and still own I like to have a service manual for them. I noticed Oxidized Black listed a 02-07 Quad Master in his Manual Sticky. I got it, but there are some differences like the 2000 has a Mikuni Carb. and the 02-07 has a Kehein Carb. that has been the first difference so far. It would just be nice to have the correct year manual. If anyone knows where I can find a free download it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    • By Gunny
      My Track’in Buddy and I went for another track ride this week. The weather has been kind of warm and after last week’s ride, we figured our track’in days may be numbered. Yes, the snow down around 7200 ft (2195 m) where we park is melting kind of fast, so we decided to check out the higher elevations, because once the lower elevation snow is gone from the trail / closed highway (which is the only way to get to the snow up high) we won’t be going up there until they open the road for vehicle travel.
      The temps even up where we rode have been in the 40 degs F (4c) but the day we rode it never got above 34 degs F (1c) and the snow was still melting. I will say however, the snow conditions were the best they have been for a couple years. It was just fabulous !! :partyc:
      We had so much fun and covered so much ground that we put 49 miles (79 km) on the bikes. That’s not the most I’ve put on in a day, but dang close. We put all four extra gallons (15 L) we carried in the bikes and still had a little over half a tank of fuel when we got back to the trucks too.
      I had what I considered a ton of great video footage, and didn’t really use much of it in this video and it still came out at 13 ½ minutes … so I hope it’s not too long of a video for some and I hope everyone enjoys it !! :seeyac:
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLwE-zS8HqY]25 Feb 2014 A Fabulous Day On The Snow - YouTube[/ame]
    • By Gunny
      What a way to end 2013 ... A friend and I went out for another track ride, the snow conditions were GREAT !! :cheer: ... and we had a blast !!
      Only saw two other people & we helped pull one of them out of a snow bank. Better him than us !! :smilielol5c:
      We could use more snow, but the ride on this day was AWESOME !! :woot:
      I only used 7 of 22 of the video clips I had of the days ride, so there's still some great ride footage on the cutting room floor !! Hope you enjoy what clips or portions of them I did use ... and remember to change the video Quality to 1080p for the best viewing enjoyment !! :seeyac:
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr21nuBLfWA]30 Dec 2013 Rock Creek Ride - YouTube[/ame]
    • Guest yokochrist
      By Guest yokochrist