Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2000 Polaris Scrambler 50 starting problem

mearnheart

I have a 2000 Polaris Scrambler 50 with a new starter and new battery. The battery and starter are strong but when engaging the starter it wont start. But it will start with a manual crank. There are 3 unconnected wires under the cover, but I dont know where they go. Am I missing a part that might be preventing the starter from starting it? Maybe some safety switch or something? Does anyone have a manual for this model for download? Thanks in advance for any help!

i am having the same problem with my 660 grizz ... i have a new battery and it will wind the engine over fine, but will not start it. pull the start cord and fires up every time :confused:

i almost think that it has to be a weak coil maybe? hope someone else can jump in and give us both a heads up on this ... i for one am too old to be reefing on a pull cord :cute:

Thanks oxidized_black for the reply. I called the Polaris dealer yesterday and was describing it to them. They seem to think that the compression might be too low and that the top end needs to be rebuilt. They want me to bring it in to diagnose it. But I was hoping for a cheaper solution. I dont really believe low compression should be the problem since it starts and runs fine after a manual crank. I would think that if the compression was too low it wouldnt start then either. (but im not a mechanic and dont really know :-) ) Also, i pulled the spark plug and ground it on the frame as I hit the starter and theres plenty of spark.

• 6 months later...