Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2007 Suzuki ltz400 - Wont Run

jhouts1587

ok, first time on here so be patient please and im sorry if i forget anything or have to much. ok so i have a 2007 suzuki ltz 400. first thing was that it all of a sudden just starting acting weird. it has all of its power when running fine but it has moments to where it acts like it is starving for gas. it will run then it just wants to die. then i can wait 20 mins and ride it and it will b fine for a little bit for like 20 mins of riding. and that started happening first. then i got a yoshi slip on and put it on and then took it to the sh op and got the carb cleaned and jetted for the slip on. changed the oil and etc... then after it got rejetted it ran fine for a day meaning about 1/4 of a tank of gas. then same thing starts happening. so i figured something got stuck in the carb somewhere in one of the jets, i cleaned the carb completely and cleaned out the petcock and tank. still doing the same thing. just taking spells from one start up to another. after that the only thing i did was was checked to see if it was geting gas to the carb and it is. so i dnt know if it could be in the electrical like the cdi or what, Please help im desperate to get it fixed before warm weather. if you need other information just ask. Thanks

ok, first time on here so be patient please and im sorry if i forget anything or have to much. ok so i have a 2007 suzuki ltz 400. first thing was that it all of a sudden just starting acting weird. it has all of its power when running fine but it has moments to where it acts like it is starving for gas. it will run then it just wants to die. then i can wait 20 mins and ride it and it will b fine for a little bit for like 20 mins of riding. and that started happening first. then i got a yoshi slip on and put it on and then took it to the sh op and got the carb cleaned and jetted for the slip on. changed the oil and etc... then after it got rejetted it ran fine for a day meaning about 1/4 of a tank of gas. then same thing starts happening. so i figured something got stuck in the carb somewhere in one of the jets, i cleaned the carb completely and cleaned out the petcock and tank. still doing the same thing. just taking spells from one start up to another. after that the only thing i did was was checked to see if it was geting gas to the carb and it is. so i dnt know if it could be in the electrical like the cdi or what, Please help im desperate to get it fixed before warm weather. if you need other information just ask. Thanks

most times if it runs good for 20 minutes, then starts going crazy not wanting to run right, is because of a bad coil. a cold coil will run good until it heats up, then goes for a crap. not saying that is what is wrong with yours, but something to look at. look at your spark with the plug out and grounded to the motor and crank it over. probably really bright blue. run the bike until it starts acting up again and pull the plug and do the same thing. could be dimmer. im not sure there is a test that would 100 per cent tell you its the coil ... maybe someone else will jump in and give you a few ideas ...

ya I forgot to mention it has brand new coil and plug and I could understand that if it was a constant like that but even sometimes if I haven't started for a day or so the problem sometimes starts right on the first start within like a minute also sometimes when it is acting up it sputters really really bad

I'm not familiar with your machine, but could be a fuel issue.

1. Check that your fuel tank vent is not clogged.

2. Check if the choke is stuck.

3. Disconnect the vacuum suck line from the carb to the fuel tank valve and select to reserve. This is to check if the carb is sucking in fuel from the valve simulating a choked condition.