Quantcast

2002 Yamaha Warrior - Hard To Start

gixxer1000

K so valves are set and same thing. Really hard to start but runs. Seems like its not gettin enough power so when I hook it to the truck and boost it it sounds better but still hard to start. New bat carbs cclean boots not cracked. Coil maybe. Just not enough juice to the plug to get it goin?

01. remove gas tank and tank cover,make sure gas is off and gas line is disconnected

02. remove left side plastic cover of tranny

03. remove both valve covers

04. remove the plastic screw that covers the timing hole and line the flywheel up so the "T" shows, make sure the valves move a little, this means you are on the compression stroke which is where you need to be, if not turn the bolt counter clockwise one turn until the "T" shows again and the valves should have a little play to them

05. take feeler gauge and gap the valves right (.065 MM intake and .17 MM exhaust)

06. check the valve gaps before installing the valve covers once more to be safe

07. install valve covers, after this turn the machine on so you can hear the valves, if they are loose you can still tighten them before the plastic is on, make sure timing hole is covered before turning on

08. install the left side tranny cover

09. install the timing hole screw

10. install gas tank and cover, and connect gas hose

11. and this should be it

K so I had done all that. There's a little notch at like 11 o'clock on the head by the cam gear. I lined the litrle pin up with thatt. It was off one tooth. Then reset the valves. Seems better but not right. Took the carb apart and there a 32 pilot jet!! As per manual said 42.5. Why would someone do that?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Sofaspud
      My 2008 can-am Outlander 800r is having hard shifting issues. Does anyone have a fix for this ?
    • By joshua91673
      hi every one .anyone out there my issue is my kick start wont stay out  i have to have some one pull it out.  it pull out easy just wont stay out to kick it over .kicks over and starts no problem 
      also does this quad have a ajust mint for the rear spring .it sags when i get on it .or is this normal . thanks guys for your time 
      first post 

josh ohio
    • By Gwbarm
      I just heard Tommie Smothers died, I watched his show in the 60s, it was a great show one of the best. He will be missed, if not for Mom liked you best, then definately for YOYO MAN and his state of YO.
    • By Uglyside38
      Anyone have experience using Meier aftermarket plastics? OEM ones are shot on my quad I'm restoring and I have them "Frankenstein'd" for now...🤦🏼‍♂️😬
      Just curious on opinions on Meier as that seems to be the only place I can find any type of replacements. (And they're pretty pricey!)
    • By 97kingquad
      Okay so I bought this 1997 sazuki king quad from a guy and he had it for a few years. 
      He had it registered and on the trails last year but he said it bogged and backfired when he would try to drive it. so it sat for a year. 
      I bought it for 800 bucks and got it running that night and it ran great for a few days 
      But I parked it the other night and went to start it again and it was really hard to fire up and when I did it was bogging and idling high then low again.
      So I took the carb out and cleaned it (ended up doing it twice because it was still doing the same thing) 
      Now today I have it running slightly better, but it is still like 20% 
      I have been looking it up and trying to figure it out but I can't find the issue, has anyone else had this problem? I'll attach a video of it running and giving some throttle