Quantcast

Help!!!!! Polaris sportsman 90 won't go foward but goes in reverse

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am in desperate need of help. I recently purchased a 05 polaris sportsman 90. The quads motor runs great. The quad will not accelerate forward. If it does its slow and will eventually pick up speed and then runs unbelievable. It has great power and torque in reverse but couldn't go over a twig in forward. I'm lost, any help would be greatly appreciated. The belt is in good condition and the and drained the trans oil and there is no metal shavings

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Hi, I'm new to this forum and am in desperate need of help. I recently purchased a 05 polaris sportsman 90. The quads motor runs great. The quad will not accelerate forward. If it does its slow and will eventually pick up speed and then runs unbelievable. It has great power and torque in reverse but couldn't go over a twig in forward. I'm lost, any help would be greatly appreciated. The belt is in good condition and the and drained the trans oil and there is no metal shavings

Hi im new to all this I hope I get some feedback . I'm having same problem on my Polaris 90 and cannot figure out what the problem is any help will be much appreciated

• Like 1

I took the gear box apart and found no issues. I threw the atv back on the trailer and pulled it 550 miles home where I took the belt cover off and again found no issues. I put it back together and miraculously it worked fine and has ever since. I have no clue what I did to resolve. Wish I could provide a better answer.

• Like 1

I took the gear box apart and found no issues. I threw the atv back on the trailer and pulled it 550 miles home where I took the belt cover off and again found no issues. I put it back together and miraculously it worked fine and has ever since. I have no clue what I did to resolve. Wish I could provide a better answer.

Ok well thanks for your feedback I'll keep playing with it.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
20 hours ago, Justinh57 said:

Did anyone ever solve this? I have a 90 doing the same thing. Runs good in neutral, perfect in reverse but I have to push it to get it to start moving in forward. No restrictions, it pushes smoothly

This is an older topic, I would start a new topic on your issue in the polaris atv forum.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...