jpalidar

2002 Cannondale Cannibal 440

I have a 2002 cannondale cannibal 440 with the 450 kit. Recently I was riding it and it seemed to backfire out of the airbox then stalled? I started it back up got it back to the house, noticed my airbox boot had a tear in it and some of it was sitting on the throttle body. Now my cannibal wont turn over, what could be wrong with it? could rubber that fell into the throttle body be removed ? thanks

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

also does anyone know where I can get a diagnostic software CD for my dale? thanks

do you mean the engine wont turn over or the engine turns over but wont start ?

The engine is turning over, the dale just wont start. Will occasionally back fire through the air intake

if you repaired the boot and dont think anything got into the carb, i would check valves for clearances

Yes I just check the valves and one is bent. Do you know where I could get valves and shims for the buckets at? or if they are universal with any other quad? Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jacob Blocker
      I have not been able to start my 300ex that I just got off a guy. I was able to getting it running once, then never again. After a week of trying to make it run I got a compression tester and it is saying about 30 psi. Is this definitely the rings just worn out or can it be something elses? I can't even make it pop when I spray stater fluid in it.
    • By Jacob Blocker
      I have been trying to get my 300ex to start for sometime. a few days i got it to start over and over and then the next day it wont start. I do the value lash and keep the covers off. I was (prob exhaust) smoke coming out of the covers with for the valves. I also noticed that the crank position marker had smoke also coming out, but i just thought it was from the head and it being in the cold. The hole for the position marker also has air come out when it turns over, but it is very light of air flow.
    • By mmgood
      Hey people
      Question for all, just picked a 1986 bayou 300 thinking of going synthetic any thoughts ?
    • By X2Moto4
      Hello. New here. Just picked up a used 350 motor out of a 1991 big bear. Going to put into my 1986 350 moto 4. From what I've read the engines are the same. The only difference so far I've notice is I have to change out transfer case. The moto 4 isn't 4x4. Has anyone done the same swap and any advice before I tackle it.
    • By RCNY1
      Looking for someone reasonable ,HONEST and experienced to rebuild a 2002 Yamaha big bear 400 2 wd