Admin

Development of ATVs

Development of ATVs

ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) were first developed during the 1950s. The earliest models had six wheels instead of the four that riders are now familiar with. Honda was the first company to make the 3-wheel ATV in 1970. These were famously displayed in the James Bond film, 'Diamonds Are Forever.' Originally called the US90, the ATV was purely for fun, made with very large balloon tires instead of the mechanical suspension and smaller tires eventually introduced in the early 1980s. One of the most important versions of the ATV was the 1982 Honda ATC200E Big Red. Read Full Article

Development of ATVs | ATV Reviews

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

That is really interesting and good to know! I did not know that, prolly because I wasn't alive for half of it! Ha. ha!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By John777
      [ame]
      [/ame]
    • By toonces
      Is there such a thing as a factory shop manual for ATVs? That's the one I believe vehicle manufacturers publish for their dealership mechanics. Trying to find one for a '11 700 Grizz. Or anything similar would be helpful.
    • By Jw7054
      Im looking to get a new quad. Ive been looking and came across the yamaha wolverine. Are the 2005 and older models good atvs? Are the engines strong? Does they break down a lot? Now before you answer i dont want the yamaha brand haters to come out and say "NO!! Yamaha is just a pos!" I want people that have riden the bikes or know people who have owned the bikes or have owned the bikes.
    • By marioweldinginc
      Every so often i check out used 400exs. All the ones in my area are more than 2000. Most going for 2500+. Is the 400ex becoming a collector item or are new atv prices that expensive that no one wants them. Early in the year the price for a 400ex (used) around here was 1200-2000. Why the big jump?
      Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk