Quantcast

The Quad Diary

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By lakota5216
      hey guys I have started simple upgrades on my lakota. What have you done... I will go first...  New 13 tooth front sprocket and chain. and tonight upgraded the headlight bulbs to LED to make the most of the stock headlights. The new headlight is on the right and stock is yellow of course... 

• By Rock Ledge Homestead
      I bought this four-wheeler used for my son's birthday last week. It wasn't running when I got it but after a new battery and some tinkering it has been running for 5 days probably 8-10 hours of run time. 

Today after 1 hour  My son wanted to wash it, I showed him how to be careful not getting water near the engine. We were careful but after we washed it and let it dry the motor starts but the transmission slips and won't really go forward.  Even if I pick the back of the four wheeler up the wheels only go forward a tiny bit. It's as if something is slipping inside.   But it worked fine right before the wash.

Not sure what brand. I was told it was 90 cc's the VIN is attached.  Is it 90 or 110ccs?
      No air filter came with it. Using a some old stockings until I figure out what air filter to order.
      My son is so bummed so I want to get it back up to speed but also teach him how to work on it.

20200620_184911.mp4

• By fede hanssen
      Hi all,
      I have just got a 1995 Bayou 220 from my brother. It is in decent condition ant it has not been used much, yet it has been sitting idle for a long time (4+ years).
      The plan is to overhaul it and move it to a location where it will be used 4-6 times a year, so, beyond having the battery charged, the idea is to have it ready and in good condition. It will be stored in a steltered place while waiting to be used.
      My questions would be: 1. What things should I carry out as basic overhaul tasks / 2. What are the typical aches, things to watch out for in this model/year.
      I definitely plan on changing all the fluids, filters,  battery, cleaning the carb, etc. but any specific recommendation from your experience will be of great help.

thanks in advance!
    • By natche
      Long story short, I purchased an 86 or 87  ( the last year made) 250sx aTC about 5 years ago.  It was in pretty good original condition.  A friend helped me clean the tank, carb etc and it started right up.  I drove it around a few times and that was about that.  It is located in Northern California at a friend’s place and I reside in southern Ca about 500 miles away. 
      I’m debating going up and retrieving it but I kind of have too many projects to really enjoy it.  My rebuild on my 64 Land Rover is gonna tank space and priority.
      i was wondering approx value of it as well as if it’s worth transporting down to Southern Ca for a larger market/better price?? If I remember correctly, everything is in pretty good shape, may need new toilets soon. 
      thoughts ?  I appreciate the input.

• By 06kfx440
      So as most of you know already. I have an 06 kfx400 that is mint. It's a blast to drive and I've had so much fun with it. It's manual too.

Then I picked up this 99 Polaris xplorer 400 4x4. It needs work and a few things fixed but being who I am it will take me less than a week. It's automatic.

Do I keep the 2wd or the 4wd. One I can make money with. The other is seasonal. I have to sell one. So what do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk