Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Rock Ledge Homestead

my Sons used Chinese quad. few things

I bought this four-wheeler used for my son's birthday last week. It wasn't running when I got it but after a new battery and some tinkering it has been running for 5 days probably 8-10 hours of run time. 

Today after 1 hour  My son wanted to wash it, I showed him how to be careful not getting water near the engine. We were careful but after we washed it and let it dry the motor starts but the transmission slips and won't really go forward.  Even if I pick the back of the four wheeler up the wheels only go forward a tiny bit. It's as if something is slipping inside.   But it worked fine right before the wash.

Not sure what brand. I was told it was 90 cc's the VIN is attached.  Is it 90 or 110ccs?

No air filter came with it. Using a some old stockings until I figure out what air filter to order.

My son is so bummed so I want to get it back up to speed but also teach him how to work on it.

20200620_184900.jpg

20200615_185012.jpg

• Like 1

Is there a belt on the other side? My first thought is you got water in the belt housing (if there is one) and its slipping. If there is a belt housing, then there must be a drain plug somewhere also more than likely.

Thanks for replying

After 24 hours it has apparently "dried" out and is working like normal.

My "vin" pictured only has 16 digits.    I'm trying to figure out what brand this is

Displacement is generally stamped somewhere towards the bottom of the cylinder.  It looks like the usual 90cc Tao Tao or whatever name brand chinese quad.  Most of them are basically Honda clones.

i'm a bit concerned on the slipping though.  that's chain driven so it should be normal primary and secondary clutch like any other ATV.  if it slipped, and was truly slipping in gear, then the only way for water to make it slip would be if there were water in the case making the primary clutch slip.  Check the oil and make sure it's not milky.

these are fun little quads- ive owned two chinese atvs and 4 other small atvs.  awesome to rip around on and even it you do turn it over it wont kill you lol.  id check the oil and if you mesure the opening on your carb, you can usually find one of amazon that has a matching opening size.  if you got water in your carb, it could have possibly worked down into the motor and then into the oil.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.