muney4nuthin

snow quad

13 posts in this topic

Gonna try a project and need some input....Im going to adapt a set of snowmobile skis to the front of my quad and tracks to the back tires....anyone seen any pics of something like this? I had a magazine once that I got the idea from but havent seen another one since...please post pics if you have any...Thanks.

yea look at DIRT WHEELS mag it has several pictures of this done and im sure they have a phone # u can get ahold of the comp that sells the tracks.

You got these for the back. They just bolt on right where your rim would.

3666.jpg

watch?v=hUNFATmQhGc&feature=related

I couldn't find a link to the skis but here is what they look like.

im just wondering if those tracks will make his quad ass end heavy??

ya thats what i was thinking

hey the quad in that vid looks like a SunL :wink:

The quad in the video is a DVX400. Yes it will add significant weight but there is video proof it works. Go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and use the search "snow ski atv"

it is a DVX400 but yea it dose look close:yes:

Nice...thanx for the input. Im gonna use my original rims and tires for the back.....let out alot of the air and fit some tracks Ive cut, then air the tires back up....that way it cuts down on the cost and the weight of those bolt on tracks.....although they would be nice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ntl8484
      I collected two months. Wheel diameter of 1 meter, width of 0.5 meters. All wheel drive.

• By Jw7054
      Alright so I know that they all have their goods and bads. My options are the raptor 660 or 700(probably 700), ds650, outlaw 525, predator 500, or trx700. Before you rant and say this one is the period, I will have a budget of around $3000 tops. So that is however much I spend. After buying a raptor(660), ds650 and predator, I would have at absolute most $1000 dollars left. How ever with the raptor 700, outlaw 525, and trx I would be surprised to have any money left over. Now the extra money
      Now what I know, the ds650 is a pig stock, needs uncorked and tuned and has no reverse but can be a beast and rides good, the raptor 700 is a wheelier and way better than the 660 but neither can hill climb very well, the 660 is tippy and weaker and hard to tune. The outlaw is fast and expensive but rides like a dream but can't power slide, the predator is okay. Good power good shocks, just a good quad but has some reliability issues. And the trx700xx that is a dream but is like 4k and don't come up from sale much. Correct me if I am wrong with any of these statements. So which would u choose AND WHY, I don't give a shit that u can owned a Yamaha since they started making em, why would u choose the one u chose. Thanks, and yes I did post this on multiple forums to get more views and more responses.
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    • By Nocluewhatimdoing95
      I have a 89 yamaha big bear. Sat for a couple years. Brought it in started it up and every time I start it, it will pop and than shut off. It won't stay running. Any ideas?
    • By Quadguy420
      I know its a Kawasaki , to me it looks like a Prairie 650 . can anyone confirm or correct this ? and it is a reliable quad ? looking to buy it for 2500 CAD .