Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mmgood

1986 Kawasaki Bayou 300 Synthetic Engine Oil

Always! I run synthetic in everything I own. Even my old antique engines. It wont fix anything but it wont hurt anything for sure.

Brad_cad

The only differences between syn/conventional is the viscosity break down.  Bottom line syntheyic will hold up Better, longer etc. Can’t hurt. Only thing I can recommend is once you put it in stick with it until the end ! 

The only thing I've found is that synthetics will reveal any oil leaks, even those that may not be visible with conventional oil.  I think it is due to the smaller molecular structure.

I agree with carguydave, I'm using 20wx50w Valvoline full synthetic in my 2001 350 4x4 Yamaha Wolverine. I had no oil leaks the first 3 months I owned the ATV, (acquired the unit in 2016), before I changed to full synthetic, now my cylinder head on the left side has a film of oil from top to bottom. ATV runs great sounds great, and I'm still glad I have full synthetic in my machine. But depending on how old your machine is, it may develop some unsightly leaks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Bryson Bailey
      Hey I have a Kawasaki buyou I put a new carburetor on it and a brand new spark plug coil and still firing up could you know what my problem is anyone please
    • By 1911Neil
      I had a quad fall in my lap a couple weeks ago. The only things I knew about it was it was a Kawasaki Bayou 220, was in pretty rough shape and was free. I couldn't say no to a fun little project. I've been looking a different ATV forums gathering quite a bit of info and decided this was the one I wanted to join.
      Thanks to this forum, I found the VIN under about an inch of mud and cross referenced it to be a '98. It had been sitting outside for at least 5 years and was told it ran when parked, but had no brakes. Squirrels or mice had been chewing on the handlebar controls and it's generally just kind of beat up.
      So far, I've gone through the carb (not near as bad as I expected), freed up the brakes (will probably need new cables), replaced the spark plug, air filter, petcock and put a new battery in it.
      The gas tank had been empty and looked clean so I put some fresh gas in it and tried to crank it today. I got a neutral light, but the starter button did nothing. I tried pull-starting it and it wouldn't fire. I checked the plug and wasn't getting a spark. I started digging and found some potential issues and some definite problems.
      I have a wiring diagram I found on here but it's just a picture or scan out of a book and hard to read. I don't see a reference to a black/yellow wire, which is my first problem.
      First, it that a factory crimp? One of those wired looks like it goes to the connector in the 2nd pic. Is that just a spade lug type connector? I pulled on it with some needle nose pliers but it didn't seem to want to come off. In the 3rd pic, should there be a fourth wire?
      I've read through and bookmarked the threads Andrew Baker and Arizona have going but I figured I needed to start with these obvious issues first. I have lots of pictures, so if there is something else you want to see, just ask. If I don't already have a pic, I'll take one.

• By Mike Strayhorn
      last year I bought led lights when I was riding my 4 wheeler the lights started getting dim shut off
      now my 4 wheeler will not start the battery is hot everything is dead I checked the fuse and its good 
      would there be another fuse I am missing I'm took the led bulbs out and replaced them with the ones that was in there 
      wonder what meh problem is

• By EoNe Frost Vortex
      Hello i was wondering if someone could help me out iv recently got a Kawasaki klf 220 it needed big end bearing changing so i rebuilt the engine and the bike has compression starts first time every time but after i have been riding for about 10 minutes oil starts to leak from the head just below the exhaust so i replaced the gasket still done it so i took it to a shop he done the same and it is still doing it any information would be great thank you