Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

patricknperkins

LinHai 400SE IRS "Big Horn" electrical question

Ok, so got this thing, assembled, and even added acid/assembled the battery with a solid trickle charge and the battery is fine.

As far as I can tell, I have checked all the fuses I can find, but I have ZERO power to anything. Even the console will not light up when turned to ON.

Is there some sort of hidden parental/child disconnect or safety switch that I'm not aware of? ANY help would be appreciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      With this cold snap, I noticed yesterday that the battery on my grizzly was a little weak. even clicked a few times before I got it to start. I'm thinking of picking up a batter tender/ trickle charger so was wondering what people use to keep their ATV battery charged up. I was looking at these on amazon. They both have good reviews.

or this one

Kind of like this one because if the accessory plug

• By kgard
      Hi all, I bought a 2018 used 450 for my wife. She is having trouble with some of the real rocky trails close to our home. Her arms give out in an hour or two so I was thinking of adding power steering . Is this possible ? Anyone done this ? 
    • By JacobSlabach
      Got a 04 Sportsman 500 that wasnt running- owner said it needed a stater and a new battery.  It ran rough (been sitting out in the weather for a while).  A friend and I started by adding a new battery and it would start barely with the choke and his hand over the air-filter.  I decided to install the new battery in the holder on the side.  we had it on the rack because the old on was still in the bike.  I tried to be nifty by turning the battery to put the terminals in an easier spot to get to, but forgot to reverse the cables too.  In a sentence, I reversed the positive and negative on the battery like a dummy.  When we discovered my mistake and corrected it, we turned on the bike, but the display did not light up and the key did not turn on the starter.  jumping the solenoid worked the starter, so we thought the solenoid just burned up when I reversed the pos and neg...  new solenoid and no difference.  what have I burned up?  Also, the shifter does not seem to do anything in the trans.  it slides back and forth like its stripped in the trans.  any help would be appreciated!!
      I think the biggest issue right now is the electrical.
    • By Tru-hue nc
      Hi! 1st post and this is my 1st shaft driven atv, plus it's been several years since I've rode anything 4stoke. Got this quad for a reasonable price and it does run. That being said it doesn't have a battery so I just pull start it really easy... 
      Question 1: is a battery required for the atv to run property? (Under heavy throttle it kinda misses and u can feel the hesitation) 
      Question 2: it has a rattle from the engine but not sure if it's normal for these or not. The the lower end might be the source of the sound but with it at idle it's hard to tell. In my head all 4stokes sound off so Idk...
      Question 3: the semiauto shift is a new thing to me and how the heck do I know what gear I'm in? Lol it seems to always be in a low gear regardless of the up shift. Maybe does 40mph on road but with the previous hesitation mentioned above its about all I can get out of it... 
      Additional info: new plug, fresh gas and oil change. No battery connected at all. Neutral light will flicker at idle but reverse never lights. Seems to make a Lil clicking from the rear end at higher speeds. 
      Worst fears: had a rod bearing worn out, valves need adjustment and timing tensioner is off, rear end is about to grenade?!? 
      I basically know nothing about it and need help to see if it's worth fixing and how much expense I'm looking at... thanks
    • By Mitchell LaForest
      Hi everybody!
      Just got an 86 TRX 250, not running for past 5 years.
      Currently with battery hooked up there no power. I checked the fuses. Will go meter the off/run/off switch and ignition switch tonight.
      I'm, looking for a decent wiring diagram or a copy of the service manual or ohm specs for coils/stators. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By upper_tanker
      Hey all, new guy here. I am wondering if anyone has one of these machines, that can possibly take a picture/tell me where the hoes goes from the timing chain cover. I took this machine apart in the fall of 2014, planning to rebuild the top end, and didn't get around to doing it until about a month ago. motor is back together, and I'm just curious as to where this hose goes. One end has a plastic ribbed fitting in it.
      Also, the rear upper nipple on the carburetor.....what goes there? is that just a breather also or?
      I have the rubber piece that slides into the rear of the gas tank with 3 hoses: 2 go to the rear, and 1 is just a clear piece of hose that isn't connected anywhere.
      I have another one of these machines, but it is 5 hours away.
      I guess that's what I get for waiting a year and a half to put it back together lol.
      Thanks
    • By invest0rs
      Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and am hoping someone out there can help me with a no spark issue I am having with my ATV. I have the service manual and I have replaced/checked everything that I know how with the exception of the Digital Igniter Unit. Does anyone know how to test this item to verify if it is bad or not. Thanks in advance for your help. Stacey
    • By biggreen2010
      ok it will start up an run but quits a lot till it gets warm, but has a bad miss an wont idle, I have a brand new Honda carb on it, good gas flow, new plug, but when I let the throttle go below a quarter, it backfires through carb an tail pipe:confused: so it has never had any electrical work or mechanical work done...it just started all the sudden, I'm think it may have ignition coil breaking down, or cdi box going bad...anyone had this trouble before? let me know what you did to fix it. thanks:skeptic:
    • By BigTrees
      Hello everyone, I have a new to me 86 Bayou 300 that I just bought last night to get around the property. It wouldn't start when I bought it but it did turn over with starting fluid, PO said the carb neeeded cleaned. I cleaned the carb today but need to get the choke wired up as it was not wired up when purchased.
      I'm hoping one of you can help me get this choke wired up. Coming from the carb it has 2 wires. 1 is yellow and 1 is black. The PO said I needed to ground one and put the other one on a switch.
      Should I do it this way or is there another/better way to do it? I'd really appreciate any help I could get!! Thanks in advance!