Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Sottie

Honda 1999 300 fwd puzzled

I put new carb on a keihin got out in the woods thought we suck some dirt in it. Got it home still running but poor,quit running all together. Cleaned all out put back on. Float working right so is everything else seems to be anyhow not getting any fuel for it to fire you can choke do everything wont fire pull plug out its dry after you thought you flooded it.  You can pour a little gas down plug hole put plug back in and it fires. Any help or ideas would be great thanks.

So it sounds like if you give it fuel it fires, but its not getting fuel from the carb? Check the lines, is fuel getting into the carb? Something has to be up with the carb fuel delivery or you have some kind of choke issue.

* Moved to Honda Forum

• Like 1

On 9/29/2016 at 3:27 PM, Sottie said:

I put new carb on a keihin got out in the woods thought we suck some dirt in it. Got it home still running but poor,quit running all together. Cleaned all out put back on. Float working right so is everything else seems to be anyhow not getting any fuel for it to fire you can choke do everything wont fire pull plug out its dry after you thought you flooded it.  You can pour a little gas down plug hole put plug back in and it fires. Any help or ideas would be great thanks.

Sottie, did you ever get this figured out?

Have you checked the fuel valve (petcock) ? 

Make sure fuel is flowing from the tank. 

If that does not work then I would think your fuel is not entering the the carb where the float needle is. I know it sound repetitive but you missed something. Go back blow everything out and double check.  Main and pilot jets all clear ?