Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

89 Suzuki lt250s carburetor

rev21man

Good morning,  I had rebuilt the carb yesterday,  unfortunately I forgot to count the turns on the jet and idle air mixture on the outside of the carb. I have the the throttle needle in the 3rd indentation where the stock one was. The only way I can get it to start and barley run is by having my wife pull me in the truck. Can you please tell me where to set everything so I can get it running. 

Thank you 

Dream Car Giveaway

The  usual starting point  on most  carb needle  jets  is  1  1/2  turns from   closed.  From there   you  just  have to   try   opening  and  closing in small increments  to  refine the settings.  When  you redid the carb , did  you  make  sure  all  the  passages  were  clear?... You  can  use  the  "canned air" sold for blowing dust  and crap  out of electronics to  also  clear  passages  in  carbs if  you  don't  have  a compressor  and  air  gun   handy. I would  pull  the  carb  again  and double check  everything .. Check the float  height  adjustment,  jets  and passages  for obstructions.  Then  reassemble , set  jets  1 1/2  turns from  closed  and  start  from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Oger69420
      Just like the title says how do I find out what I have here I was told that it is a 1985 200 That is all I know and I need to Start looking for parts

• By Fhai Catz-eteh
      I have been on K&N's website, but cannot seem to find a cross reference for my 2009 Outlander 400 XT EFI air filter. The OEM BRP filter number is 707800264. They (K&N) lists many that look like the original that I am replacing, but it would be awesome if someone has a K&N model number they have installed that has the right fit and function. Any info would be greatly appreciated -Cheers!
    • By Ironworker709
      I recently got a great deal on a 2001 Big Bear 400 4x4.it sat in a barn for 2 years while the guy was in college,so it need carb work...got it to use around the property,not racing or anything crazy with it
      It runs GREAT and strong..no smoke or funny noises,just seems to have an issue at times ,when you hit the throttle it want's to die ,most of the time it runs strong.
      So am debating a rebuild kit or new oem carb...i got to looking around really good yesterday and found this broke off..( the bent tube where the pencil is pointing).... is this a part that comes with a new carb?..if not,,where can i get the part?
      I found a diagram online but it does not show the bent tube with a nut on it but says it a "Starter set" in the diagram(Number 21 in the diagram)
      I checked the petcock and it is getting plenty of fuel flow..but it has the common drip leak..so i am ordering a new one,..was going to get the seal kit but for the price it is about the same price as a whole new petcock
      Just trying to figure out where i can get this part for repair

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • Dream Car Giveaway
    • By AndrewUK
      I'm fitting a new carb on my King Quad LTF300. From China. Only one I could find in UK. I think it should have 2 vacuum ports.
      The vacuum port for the petcock is silver coloured. I can feel the pulsing vacuum. Putting the tube to the petcock there operates the petcock100% perfectly.
      I can't identify the vacuum port for the fuel pump. The new carb is identical to the old EXCEPT that in what I think is the 2nd old fuel vacuum position is a brass upright port with a very small hole. When running, there is no vacuum I can feel and putting the fuel pump vacuum line there does not give a decent fuel flow - only a small trickle.
      Is this the fuel pump vacuum port - see photo?
      The carb came with a silver coloured screw-ended 1.5 inch long loose port in the box. See photo. Is it intended that you unscrew the brass port somehow and put in the silver one?
      I'd really appreciate your help At the moment I can only do 10mph in a stuttering fashion on the level!
      Andrew
      Devon UK
      and put in the silver one?

• Gallery Images