Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Quadking99

Ground on 1999 Suzuki Quad King 300

Where is the ground wire terminated on a 1999 Suzuki Quad King 300?  I have the cowl off and battery cover.  The main 20A fuse keeps blowing.  I want to make sure the ground wire is secured.  I can't find it past the cowl.  Can anyone help with direction or a picture?  Do i have to remove the front rack and plastics?

All  I  can suggest  is to trace the   ground wire  back, as well  as the   positive wire between  the fuse and alternator (stator) the  short  could be  on either side of the circuit,  but  most likely  on the  positive side. If  a  fuse is blowing  power is flowing from  battery  on  positive  side..  Negative side is normally connected directly   to  ground

I looked to see if I had a manual, but don't. Maybe @oxidized_black has one or a wiring diagram, you may want to reach out to him. Sometimes he posts them and has a library of info.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Outlander 450 4x4 seal blowing? This may help

Have you ever had your 4x4 seal literally pop out of the 4x4 housing on the Outlander 450?  You will want to try a simple fix to keep this from happening.  First, get the old seal out and clean the seal surface on the 4x4 unit with brake cleaner.  Take your new seal, and remove the spring.  Untwist it and clip off a half a centimeter or so of spring.  Don't clip off the wrong end!  I do this because these seals fail far too often and this seems to fix the issue.  Put it back together.  Tap seal into place.  This is where you get creative.  I was able to cut pieces of shelving metal that clamped against the 4x4 unit to prevent the seal from popping out and holding them in place with zip ties.  You can do whatever you think you can pull off with what you have on hand.  Just get something on the 4x4 that holds the seal in place on opposing ends.  Oh, and always replace the yoke o-ring.  Those never retain their shape and will cause leaks if you do not do so.  Inspect the wear ring on the yoke and replace if you can feel a fine groove where the seal rides.  Remember to use RED locktite on the yoke bolt and tighten that bolt tight as ****.  This is the one that always comes off during abusive riding. 

By Mike Lee, in Can-Am BRP ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 2006 Can-Am Outlander Max 400 battery box fell apart

The battery box on my machine kind of fell apart and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what they did to rebuild the box.

By johncb, in Can-Am BRP ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • bought a suzuki side by side a the scrap yard

I just bought a suzuki side by side a the scrap yard  it says its a LT 400 and I need to know if its factory are a homemade job I'm either gonna use its part for my other suzuki atv are restore it 

By Chomp, in General ATV Discussion

• 2 replies
    • STOLEN ATV: Stolen Suzuki Quadsport Z400 ATV

Stolen from my storage shed on my property around 12/4/17. The post Stolen Suzuki Quadsport Z400 ATV appeared first on Stolen 911. View the full article

By StolenATV, in Stolen ATVs

• 0 replies
    • Suzuki from scrapyard to on the trailc

I' bought a suzuki from our local scrap yard I got it running yet when I give it gas it lugs down muffled both rear tires slant outward are that suppose to.  That act like bearings are bad I checked bearings and there goodbeari and there   LT400fw

By Chomp, in ATV Forums By Brand

• 0 replies