jndpj

Weird "Growth" in Can of Bondo????

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone else seen this???? I cant find anything at all on the internet!

Earlier today I was trying to fix a busted up fender on my boy's quad.  I opened a can of Bondo-Glass and inside was crazy looking growths!  A couple were long, thin crystalline-like structures.  Looked just like old-time rock candy. They're "growing" out from the side.  And in the bottom was a "blossum" that looked very much like a brocolli florret.  Craziest thing ever!!!

The can is about 3-4 years.  Well sealed and undamaged.  Kept in the garage in Vegas, so temps were 30's to 115+ degrees.  I have been googling extensively and cant find a singe mention of anything remotely close to this.  Which freaks me out even more.  Like an X-Files episode with some new life form....and I've been exposed!!!! Aahhh!!

I assume its got to be like a crystal kind of thing or the way a stalactite grows.  Surely it cant be organic like a mold or fungus. I cant conceive of a more hostile enviroment than inside a sealed can of bondo. If anyone knows, I'd love for you to tell me.  My curiosity is piqued.  If no one responds, I guess I'll call the college....... or the NSA!!!! Ha!!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

IMG_0188.JPG

That's pretty weird. More than likely from the temperature fluctuation and condensation, the adhesive material coagulated and formed crystals...

* I just made that up...might want to contact the Men in Black!

:ph34r: Thats weird !! 

now i'm really freakn! i was sure somebody was gonna say "oh, ya i've seen that before. doesnt happen often but sometimes.....blah blah blah" (insert lengthy technical explanation about how 

A NEW LIFE FORM SPONTANEOUSLY GERMINATED IN A CAN OF BONDO IN MY GARAGE IN LAS VEGAS!)

and i was going to feel better knowing that there was nothing extraordinary going on, that this has happened before. we're all ok. nothing to see here people, keep moving along.

but instead my paranoia and fears have only been validated.  here.  and i  have scoured the net and cant find any article, comment, post, pic, nothing even remotely similar to this.  

and i probably shouldn't be telling yall this (it warned me not to).....the one on the bottom is trying to communicate with me.  but i've just been ignoring it, acting like i dont understand englishB|

here's some more pics, but i wouldnt stare at em too long. you never know...

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

1 person likes this

Yes, definitely do not communicate with it. I wouldn't even touch it. Make some rock candy and put it in there, maybe it needs companionship!  

That is some weird growth you have. The question is, does it keep growing and how big will it get?

It appears to be from Krypton . If you touch it,are you able to climb walls and such ?

Edited by fartknocker
1 person likes this

Is it trying to escape? Zap that thing!

I registered just so I could reply to this.  My bondo has also been infected by some unearlthy truffle-like organism.  Someone needs to get to the bottom of this before it's too late.

Photo on 3-16-17 at 1.56 PM #4.jpg

IT'S SPREADING!!!!!!!!!!! Must be Alien in nature. 😉

Posted (edited)

Where's Fox and Scully when you need them ?

Edited by fartknocker