Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

County185

Stalls when riding not just idling.

It idles just fine. I can ride it in the backyard and not have any issues. It only does it after being held open at high RPMs for more than 30 seconds. Then it seems like it is starting to bog down then dies. Then it starts right back up. 2002 linhai 260

Edited by County185

Sounds like  fuel  starvation. Something is restricting the fuel  entering the  carb. Some carbs  have a  screen  on the carb's fuel  inlet  and it  could be  plugged  or   a pinched or   otherwise restricted fuel  line  would be  my  guess.   For whatever  the  fuel  bowl  isn't  staying  full under  high demand. 

• Like 1

Wide open   and not in gear does not require anywhere  near the fuel  flow   it  does under  load.   I  don't  of any  other reason  it would  die  out  the  way  you describe if it  is  not  fuel starvation.

Edited by davefrombc

Try checking the breather hose on the carb.  It might be plugged. Had same issue on my 1994 big bear. Had a chunk of mud in hose. After blowing it out it ran like new.

• Like 1

Okay thanks guys! I will mess around with the fuel system tonight and see what I come up with. Thanks for all the input. 

Sticking  float ,  restricted  fuel  line  or plugged  vent  could all   cause those symptoms .  Start with  checking   for  a  restricted  fuel  line or plugged  vent  before tearing into the  carb.