Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Driving 101

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By tundrawolf
      Hi,

So I am building a behemoth 4x4 live in van to tour the USA. I have several vehicles and a dog. 

I plan on taking a kayak, and something either on the front or the bac of the van, as secondary transportation. 

I have a BMW R1200C, but cannot fit a dog on it a., And b., Even with a side car, it would weigh too much and be too awkward to tow.

I am a proficient, college educated welder and fabricator.

I love the design and reliability of the Rincon 650 (mine is carbed), and the fact it's 4x4. My Rincon is way too externally beat up to sell for anything remotely fair, but mechanically is very sound and reliable.

I was thinking of chopping it in half and making a sort of miniature side by side... It's still slightly wider than I would want, but it is street legal (in AZ where I live) and would carry both me and my husky dog reliably, and efficiently even over difficult terrain.

My other thought would be a pit bike, but then the dog is excluded, no reverse and no all terrain. I could easily fabricate or install a lift gate that would house the quad, however. 

It's too beat up to make "look nice", I'd rather have a covered all terrain miniature side by side, with a place for my dog in the rear. 

But idk. The more I look at the quad the more I want to make it a go kart. Like I said, I can't get any money for it and I have too much to sell as it is. I have a covered two seater go kart, but it's 2wd and underpowered. I modified it to carry two dogs, but I'd rather turn my Rincon into a custom buggy. 

I will be hitting the road hopefully next year and don't want a ton of sh** in storage.

Constructive, helpful ideas are welcome 
    • By LT-4WDinNY
      So I live in WNY and have been riding 3 wheelers since we bought a couple Big Reds new in 1982!  I have a vast collection of 3 wheelers... 85 ATC70, 70 US90 Aquarius Blue, 83 ATC110, 83 ATC185s, 83 ATC185s w/PK Rear Suspension Kit, 81 ATC200, 85 YTM200ERN, 84 YTM225DX with Reverse added,  85 ATC250ES Big Red, 82 ATC250R, 82 ATC250R with Hondaline 300 Kit, 86 ATC350X rider, and a 85 ATC350X... "the Hondaline Special!"   If anyone has 3 wheeler issues or questions, feel free to replay here!
      However, I do have a couple token 4WDs... an 87 and a 89 LT-4WD Suzukis.  I am currently working on replacing the one-way starter clutch in my 89.  What a pain!  WAY too many items to be removed to access the left side cover.  However, doing better than what the Suzuki manual says... they say to remove the motor!  I was able to do some engineering fanangling... lol
      Bruce
    • By Dan Lantagne
      Need help I have 2005 650 Rincon  with a double lift kit what's the biggest or best bang for your buck tires I can put  on right now I have heat claws they did good but look awful small the size I have right now are 25x10-12
    • By fartknocker
      Because it's sled season for me, I'm posting this... it's fawking hilarious 

• By fartknocker
      Starting to see a lot more rednecks Witt giant as* diesels with these ridiculous exaust stacks coming out of the box lol. Holy hell. One guy in the town over from me has some pos 2wd 305 gm with massive stacks an obviously no mufflers lol....what a stupid look