Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

DPDISXR4Ti

Bigger, Better Battery for '03 Kodiak 450

After getting 10 years out of my original battery, I've only gotten 3 out of a Vietnamese "Adventure Power" UTX20L.  It still indicates 12.X volts, but totally fails a load test so I'm assuming it's junk.  Some might say it was "junk" from day 1, and I suppose I might agree now.

Is there any value to getting a larger battery and putting it in the big storage space under the seat?  Maybe a Deka ETX30L?  Or should I just stick with the stock size, but get a "better" battery such as the Deka ETX20L?

Any input appreciated.

Unless you're going to  run  any  accessories for any amount of time with the  motor  off I can't see any advantage  to  installing a  larger  battery.

I agree and what happens if you get a cheeper battery, the cells wont recover as well as a quality battery from Deka (East Penn) battery.