Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Tom T.

2004 Polaris trailblazer 250 Vacuum lines

I have an '04 trailblazer 250 and have a problem with the vac. lines on it. One goes from side of carb to the bowl, Where does the other end go/ next there is a port next to where the choke cable screws into the carb. the line was melted when I got it and have no idea where it goes. Can anyone help me out with this?  Thanks guys

Guess I'm screwed cause there is no place on the petcock to hook it up. Besides I have to tear it back down because I have only 30 psi compression. But thanks for your help

There's no vacuum  line  to the petcock.. The  line from it to the carb  is the fuel  line.

30  psi  compression is likely  one of 3 things .....  Either  the valves are not set right  and being  held open slightly, the  rings  are  shot / cylinder may also be  scored or possibly  the  cam timing  is way  out  so  the  valves are opening and closing at the wrong points  in the cycle.

Edited by davefrombc

Added ATV info to topic title. 

You can check this link for a parts diagram. 

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2000 Yamaha Kodiak fuel leaking out of the carb drain

Hey guys, Looking for some info on a 2000 Yamaha Kodiak.  When I leave it sitting I get fuel leaking out of the carb drain.  What causes this?  Float stuck? 

By nel79, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 8 replies
    • 2003 Kodiak 400 brake problem.

As title says , my dad was given a 03 400. It didnt run. I got it running and got the front brakes working, new calipers and master cylinder.  The rear are drum and its my 1st time really messing with them. I replaced shoes , cam was all froze up so cam wouldnt rotate , i took it apart and cleaned it up good , my problem is,  how do i know where to line up the cam with the lever , there is no needle that shows shoe wear on this , its missing. Any pics or help appreciated. 

By Bills03400, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 2004 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 wiring problem

Hello All,
      I am looking for any help or suggestion that I might be able to get on how to wire a '04 Kodiak 400 4x4 motor into a Coleman Outfitters / Hisun 400 4x4 Utv. This machine had the Kodiak motor installed and was running until someone stripped the wiring to install new harness. They destroyed the old harness so it of little use now. We have a new harness for the Utv and part of the wiring to the Kodiak CDI and Voltage regulator/rectifier is in place. For now I am just trying to find a good diagram of the wiring needed to Power up the motor. Any help with this part of our issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to help my son this machine running since he bought into this nightmare.
      Thank you,

By res2fr, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 9 replies
    • 2000 Kawa Bayou 220, Carb issues?

So I bought a Bayou 220 as me 'Black Friday' score, and was informed it has carb issues..  A little history from the previous owner: they suspected the carb was bad as it was 'running like crap' so they did a rebuid kit on it. Didn't fix issue so they took it to a shop where the tech installed an aftermarket(?) carb, but had to modify the throttle cable to get it to work. Quad ran great at 1/4 throttle, but anything above that and the throttle would stick and the machine would run like garbage again. What I know and think: I hear carb issues are common and fairly easy to fix. Also, I think they used the 'universal' rebuild kit that claims '88-'11, but the jets and such were different from '00-'03 (gaskets, etc. appear to be the same) so their original attempt was a good idea, just not good enough. They did give me the original carburetor with the 4-wheeler, but it has the wrong internals. I'm thinking if I can get the right jets, springs, etc for the rebuild, I should be able to get this thing running right. Of course, I still need to charge the battery back up, change all the fluids, replace fuel lines, plug and wire.. ya know, the basics for a machine that's been sitting for roughly 9 months. lol

By Squirrel, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 10 replies
    • YFM250 carb problems not running right

I have a yamaha beartracker 250 (yfm250) its not running right. starts fine mostly ...idles but if i give it gas it boggs out and dies before it even can carry its self ... I cleaned the carb ... put everything back and same issue. so i bought a new carb and intake boot.... replaced both things and still the issue persists.  So i have a new carb .... does the Air fuel mixture need to be set on the new carb? If so how do i do that? i ave looked everywhere for details on my bike and carb but cannot find anywhere that reads that the skrew needs to be adjusted out to  7 full turns or somthing to that effect..   The bike ran fine until bad gas was put into it... i did remove and empty the gas tank. removed petcock cleaned and rebuilt that..... i also noticed that the new carb ....the bottom skrew for draining the bowl was closed all the way when i got it.. carb wouldnt get gas until i loosened it... now the bowl will drain ... i thought that that float stops this from happeneing....am i wrong?      

By Austin Phillips, in General ATV Discussion

• 2 replies