tcarter

Here's The Dilima

I'm new to ATV's i have a motorcycle background (trying to sell my 2007 GSXR 750 now):biggrin: to get me a Quad i may have it narrowed down to 3 quads in this order

Yamaha YZF 450

Suzuki quadracer 450

Yamaha Raptor 700

out of the 450's which is the best and will they keep up with the 700 i see on you tube most 700's if they win it isn't by much so i'm kinda like why buy a 700 when the 450 has faster acceleration and close top end:skeptic:

i don't know the +'s or -'s on these quads i have heard that the suzuki is wider than the others but by how much and will it matter to someone not doing any sanctioned events i will mostly be out joy riding in open areas and open trails. I might go through some tire height mud.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

They are both great machines. The Yammy has about 46" width. The LTR has 49". In Colorado alot of the trails are 50" or less. The suzuki will limit you to wide trails. I would recommend The Yamaha of the 2.

They are both great machines. The Yammy has about 46" width. The LTR has 49". In Colorado alot of the trails are 50" or less. The suzuki will limit you to wide trails. I would recommend The Yamaha of the 2.

what about the big dog the raptor 700

The Rappy is in a class of it's own. It's set up pretty much like the 450s as far as how wide it is. The rappy 700 is considered one of the ultimate trail quads. Stock the speed is not that impressive but a few simple mods and it becomes untouchable. The 700 will be better suited for trails and sand. It's hard to compare the Rappy to the 450s because they are made for different kinds of riding. I perfer the 450 b/c I race. The Raptor is not that good on track.

i won't be pro racing but i will be riding like it's stolen probably 85% of the time so what type of quad is recomended

how about the kawasaki 450 will it be a contender with the other 450s i like the fact that it has a reverse

i am going out Saturday to actually sit on a few of these machines but i think i will sacrifice the top end speed for the reverse of the KAW

I prefer the 450s over everything else so I would say the YFZ450. If reverse is an issue for get the Raptor. Both are at the top of their game. You can't go wrong with either one.

The Kawi sits pretty low. If you're a taller person you may need to get a +1 steering stem.

Well i'm 5.7 and 170lbs i just need to know if the kfx450r will hang with the others that i have listed like the other 450's and the 700 raptor. i like the kfx b/c it has the reverse and it seems to more of a do it all

Of all the reviews I have read, the KFX is the slowest of all the 450's. Not by much. The 450s are so close together that a good rider can win on any of them. Top speed the Kawi will lose. I can count on one hand the times I really wish I had reverse. The Kawi's stock suspension is a pretty stiff ride,(it's adjustable)But Kawi set it up for very rough terrain. Lean back, push your thumb, and the suspension will soak up everything through whoops and such. The Kawi responds very well to mods such as exhaust and air filter.

well i've heard that that the kfx has the highest stock HP but lags on top speed but as nice take off speed.i've you tubed several videos of it going and my riding will be pretty much wooded trails. it will be either the kfx or the ltr

If you'll be doing mostly woods, I would stay away from the LTR. It has a 49" stance, most atv trails are about 50". The reason the KFX is the slowest is the gearing. It has great acceleration but lacks in top end. In woods do you really ever get past 4th gear? The KFX is geared for low and mid range. So that would be the better choice. IMO

ok i finally went out and sat on all the quads and got a feel and now its between the kfx 450r and the raptor 700

I would definitly choose the Raptor over the KFX. The Raptor will out perform the KFX on levels of the board except on the track.

well from all the vids i've seen it comes down 2 the rider..the 700 doesn't seem faster at all

the kfx is slow.. yfz and the rap 7 will take it... yfz and the rap 7 are bout the same bottom end the rap will pull away after 3rd... i ride a rap 7, raced buddys of mine with kfx 450 and a yfz 450...

don't think it's rider because several videos show 450's beating the 7 thats what keep pushing me to the 450's

the raptor and yfz stock the 450 will get a jump on it by like a bike length... untill 3rd gear then the raptor will catch it and keep going on by... if you went up a tooth on the front the raptor should take it all the way.. the raptor will spin 1st -3rd... throw a 15t sprocket and you will be good.. the 450s are cramped if you ask me... i guess it all depends on what kinda riding your going to do most

the only 450 i would get would be the yfz also... its pretty much the best out of the bunch.. or the ktm.. but those are alot of $$$$

103.jpg

here is mine.. and if your up in the air between the kfx and the raptor.. go raptor.. i raced the kfx both of the quads were stock and i took it from bottem to the top end.. blew the fenders off it..

Yeah, you probably won't win on one. The 450s dominate in all racing, Trails the Rappy is better.

no i'm no racer i just want to go on all terrain like the hairscramble guys be running on weather it be 12 inches of wanter/mud or pavement and sand i want a all around a$$kicker

I love my 450(trx). I ride in the rocky mountains. The trails are nasty, I can make it through anything. I recommend skid plates.