Quantcast

An argument that never gets old!!! 2 Stroke vs 4 Stroke

I'm sure this has been tossed around on here numerous times but with the unveiling of the new KTM fuel injected 2 stroke. Could this be the first step in a come back for my beloved double ding ding machines. Ok lets hear it. Why do you like one or the other??? Myself, I always felt it was the throttle control and Powerband response with the 2 strokes. I know this sounds weird but on a 4 stroke, no matter size or model. I always felt like i was along for the ride instead of in control. I've spent hours on my buds 400EX, even took a new 450r for a spin. before they discontinued them. Blasters, Banshees, and a number of 125's, 250's and even one late 80's Honda XR250R... Results all the same. For me its a comfort and control that im used to with the 2 strokes.... and i love the smell of bean oil... So lets hear it. Im sick of arguing with same two people at work on this issue.

Great topic, moved to This vs That forum. 😁

I prefer 4 strokes because I feel they are more like a car and I'm biased coming from the auto mechanics end of it. Also never liked the oil smell, smoke, and high rev noise of 2 stroke blasters and such. I went from a warrior to a bayou, then kodiak, then king quad, and now a grizzly. I again am biased towards the trail/utility/4 stroke machines. I never really spent enough on a 2 stroke to feel that in control feel but I guess i understand what you say. I'd like to try a fuel injected 2 stroke though...

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn.